Thinking Of Moving From Us To Ba As Students

lovely

Registered
Hello all!
What a wonderful forum you have here! Thank you for all the knowledge I've already soaked you from you guys.
My husband (Mexican native, US permanent resident) and I (US native) are having no luck getting the financial aid necessary to attend college here in the states, so we're looking for options.
Since he and I both speak Spanish and university in Arg is free, this seems like an enticing option.
Does anyone have experience with the educational system and/or know how good a graduate's prospects would be there?

My advice would be to look into community colleges in the US as an option. You will not find it easier to study in Argentina. The public universities may be "free," but the cost of living and prospect of jobs are far better in the US.

There are multiple threads that describe in detail what you need to do to study in Argentina. The short answer is that it is more complicated (i.e, bureaucratic and time-consuming) than just showing up and taking free classes.

I studied at public university. There is some bureaucratic issues, but nothing impossible if you take your time with patience). The leve is good, but depends on what do you want to study. Medicine is good, Law is good, Odontology is good, Filosophy and Social Sciences is good, Mathematics and Architecture are very good, as well as Biology and Natural Sciences (Fisica, Chemistry, etc). Economics is different, is quite different from US universities, here is more complete the training, not meaning that better...

The cost of living I would say it is almost the same as the US, maybe cheaper here.

Hello all!
What a wonderful forum you have here! Thank you for all the knowledge I've already soaked you from you guys.
My husband (Mexican native, US permanent resident) and I (US native) are having no luck getting the financial aid necessary to attend college here in the states, so we're looking for options.
Since he and I both speak Spanish and university in Arg is free, this seems like an enticing option.
Does anyone have experience with the educational system and/or know how good a graduate's prospects would be there?

The education may be "free," but you get what you pay for. The cost of living can be cheaper, but that depends on whether you're coming from Massachusetts or Mississippi.

I studied at public university. There is some bureaucratic issues, but nothing impossible if you take your time with patience). The leve is good, but depends on what do you want to study. Medicine is good, Law is good, Odontology is good, Filosophy and Social Sciences is good, Mathematics and Architecture are very good, as well as Biology and Natural Sciences (Fisica, Chemistry, etc). Economics is different, is quite different from US universities, here is more complete the training, not meaning that better...

The cost of living I would say it is almost the same as the US, maybe cheaper here.

Please list the validation of HS degrees and the tests to be taken to enroll?

Please list the validation of HS degrees and the tests to be taken to enroll?

yes, but thats not so difficult, they are like HS exams, not university level. Of course, spanish is needed, but these exams on Argentine history or Educación Cívica are a piece of cake, nothing compared to the level required at UBA. And then you have CBC, which also can be preparred in 6 months...

yes, but thats not so difficult, they are like HS exams, not university level. Of course, spanish is needed, but these exams on Argentine history or Educación Cívica are a piece of cake, nothing compared to the level required at UBA. And then you have CBC, which also can be preparred in 6 months...

Please consult with UBA see link for Admision de Estudiantes Extranjeros! Also grab the phone and call the UBA to find out exactly what is required.

http://www.cbc.uba.ar/Aspirantes+Extranjeros

Since I have been studying here in Argentina yes the education may be good however there is no way that I would be able to survive and go to school without the financial support of my parents. UBA of course is free and has a good education though I have learned that it is really unorganized so yes it will take a lot of effort on your part to get all set up. The other aspect that I have found is here people don't really work and go to school and if they do it is really hard because the schedules are not very flexible for this. Another factor that is very important is that when your making peso without a degree you don't make a lot so are spending your time trying to stay afloat. So if you have saving or financial support for 5 years I would say yes but if not you are really better off trying community college. And as for being married to a Mexican citizen I have heard that there it is in general a very cheap place to go to school...

I studied at public university. There is some bureaucratic issues, but nothing impossible if you take your time with patience).

Just curious Matias, where did you study, what did you study, and how long did it take?

Back