This Is Argentina

Any bets on Scioli packing it in before the big day?

It has happened before....

It seems like Scioli is pissed off with Kirchneristas (edited). If trouble keeps brewing there and things blow up then yeah. Other than that I don't think its very likely that he's going to "Menem-ize" himself.

Historically, in Argentina the candidate who won the BA province has won the election, every single time. It seems rather likely that Macri will be president. That being said, it's still possible Scioli could win.

Macri didn't win the province. But since 1987 the province has not had a non peronista governor. I don't think we're sticking with history in this election all that much.

Never in Argentine history, the governor of Buenos Aires Province, that is, the political second charge in importance of the country, won the presidency by elections. N-E-V-E-R.

Theres the case of Duhalde in 2002, but he didnt get there by elections.

It seems like Scioli is pissed off with Kirchneristas (edited). If trouble keeps brewing there and things blow up then yeah. Other than that I don't think its very likely that he's going to "Menem-ize" himself.
Although it's unlikely and as you say, if more of it hits the fan and he realises he's dead man walking, it's possible.
Mind you, opinion polls don't seem to have been very reliable lately have they?

Menem conceded within a week and if the Macri momentum continues as it should, will it reach a critical mass such that Scioli feels he has no other alternative than to throw in the towel?
The figures speak for themselves and are not that dissimilar.

No President EVER had a 54 % of the vote and least of all the 2nd time around.... :confused:

Back