This Is Argentina

Who writes this rubbish at the BA Herald?

Victory Front’s presidential candidate Daniel Scioli assured he holds “permanent” talks with President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, again dismissing reports which indicate he is getting Reddy to distance himself from her.
"I speak with the president all the time, permanently. I meet with her when it’s necessary. Everything else is speculation.”

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/201897/i-meet-with-the-president-when-its-necessary
"I am optimistic. It is clear who is facing each other. I am the one who has always shown a conciliatory, moderate spirit,” he said during an interview with a radio station and asked: “Do we want a change which includes workers and the middle class or one that favours a few?
He responded to himself, Macri “has a privatizing vision while I guarantee to protect and expand the social plans. Macri talks about the elimination of import taxes.”
Ahead of the November 22 runoff, the ruling party nominee considered “the centralism will be faced to federalism.” And fired: “Child mortality grew in the City and in the province is the lowest.”
In the midst of a race to add support from Renewal Front leader Sergio Massa who ended in the third place last Sunday, he said: “I respect popular will and will maintain or change what it needs to change, aiming at Massa’s voters.”
"I cannot imagine a country ruled by the same political force in the City, the province and the nation,” he stated.
“The changes I propose are permanent: education, housing construction, pensioners’ inclusion. Macri himself said it, he believes in the market. I believe in state intervention. One thing is what Macri believes, another thing is what he pretends to be, because he had predicted an apocalyptic scenario for the elections,” he added.
"Runoff will be a fascinating experience for Argentines,” he concluded.

Who writes this rubbish at the BA Herald?

Victory Front’s presidential candidate Daniel Scioli assured he holds “permanent” talks with President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, again dismissing reports which indicate he is getting Reddy to distance himself from her.
"I speak with the president all the time, permanently. I meet with her when it’s necessary. Everything else is speculation.”

http://www.buenosair...n-its-necessary
"I am optimistic. It is clear who is facing each other. I am the one who has always shown a conciliatory, moderate spirit,” he said during an interview with a radio station and asked: “Do we want a change which includes workers and the middle class or one that favours a few?
He responded to himself, Macri “has a privatizing vision while I guarantee to protect and expand the social plans. Macri talks about the elimination of import taxes.”
Ahead of the November 22 runoff, the ruling party nominee considered “the centralism will be faced to federalism.” And fired: “Child mortality grew in the City and in the province is the lowest.”
In the midst of a race to add support from Renewal Front leader Sergio Massa who ended in the third place last Sunday, he said: “I respect popular will and will maintain or change what it needs to change, aiming at Massa’s voters.”
"I cannot imagine a country ruled by the same political force in the City, the province and the nation,” he stated.
“The changes I propose are permanent: education, housing construction, pensioners’ inclusion. Macri himself said it, he believes in the market. I believe in state intervention. One thing is what Macri believes, another thing is what he pretends to be, because he had predicted an apocalyptic scenario for the elections,” he added.
"Runoff will be a fascinating experience for Argentines,” he concluded.

Sigh. That's the online version; different outfit, offices, editors, staff.

Check the print version. It's not perfect but it's readable.

Scioli's credibility is zero ,why didn't he implement all his promises during his 8 year in charge of the Province.

Not to defend just Scioli, but also potentially Vidal, but province is a beast to manage. It has three-eighths of the electorate, a larger population than all but seven of 50-odd European countries (or four of the 50 US states).

As the nation’s powerhouse for both industry and agriculture, it has been chronically under invested in for decades resulting in an infrastructure which needs to be built up from scratch to be of any use or competitive to international markets, when opened.

It's a large undertaking, this New Yorker today puts it nicely:
"the Kirchners nominated him for the governorship of the province of Buenos Aires, in 2007. On the surface, it was a prestigious post, since forty per cent of the country lives in the province, but historically it’s been double-edged for seekers of higher office. “There’s a dictum of sorts that the governor of Buenos Aires province will never become President,” Pasquini said. Rather than a proving ground, the province, because of its size and the scope and complexity of its problems, tends to mire its leaders in controversy and overexposure."

I believe Pasquini will be proved right.
Not only has Sholi got to deal with the wrath of CFK who is giving him a good slapping right now, but also the blame game going on behind the scenes within the party faithful.
My personal view is that, as every day passes, the Macri momentum gains more traction and the K in-fighting continues, Sholi loses more credibility until he reaches the point where it's inevitable that he should simply stand down.

I believe Pasquini will be proved right.
Not only has Sholi got to deal with the wrath of CFK who is giving him a good slapping right now, but also the blame game going on behind the scenes within the party faithful.
My personal view is that, as every day passes, the Macri momentum gains more traction and the K in-fighting continues, Sholi loses more credibility until he reaches the point where it's inevitable that he should simply stand down.
He's not going to stand down so close though is he? Surely he is still very much in with a chance of being elected, I don't think there is enough time for that possibility to change enough to make him throw it all away.

What happens if he stands down, does Macri win automatically?

Back