This is just not right! Cristina to turn foreign pensions into pesos!

camberiu said:
I was going to write a long response to the first part of your message, but then I saw the second half.
Yes, appealing to ad hominen is really the way to increase your credibility here. So, you checked me on linkedin or something and think you know all about me. Really nice.

Thanks for saving me from wasting time writing a long reply.
Get back to work. Your time here at Google just got shorter.

KarlaBA said:
Get back to work. Your time here at Google just got shorter.

Not fired anymore? Just shorter? Now that we found out that we are co-workers, why don't you come here in person and repeat that?

camberiu said:
Not fired anymore? Just shorter? Now that we found out that we are co-workers, why don't you come here in person and repeat that?
As you are more than aware, we here at Google do not share the same work ethic as the stereotype you have in your head about Latin American work environments. We expect our employees to actually be doing the work we pay them to do, not spending their time surfing the web randomly. When I saw that you were posting in this forum during working hours, and particularly on these topics, the issue was raised internally. We don't mind the odd post, but it is clear you are spending more time on this forum that actually doing the work we pay you to do.

This conversation has been taken offline and internal.

Bajo_cero2 said:
That s the point, now the only choise is to invest the money instead of keeping under the bed in dollars. This is what she call anticiclicas messures. She rules, it means that we have to do what she rules we like it or not. And she thinks that all this money in pesos, now, is going to be invested and then the economy is going to avoid recession. Right or wrong? In one year we ll know.

In Europe they insist to fight recesion with unemployment, we already tried that following FMI black mailing and 2001 happens, so, we know that any other idea is better.

By the way, I can exchange your pesos for toilet paper :D

We don't need to wait a year -- a recession is defined as a contraction in the economy that lasts 2 consecutive quarters. Even INDEC is conceding that various industries (construction, manufacturing) are seeing slowdowns since May. Torcuato di Tella analysts are already saying possibility of recession within next 6 mos as 99%. In 18 mos we`ll probably be entering a depression if CFK continues with these import/export restrictions.

http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2012/07/13/argentina-the-cost-of-being-truthful/#ixzz20bnrKJX1

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/11/us-argentina-economy-data-idUSBRE86A1CU20120711

KarlaBA said:
As you are more than aware, we here at Google do not share the same work ethic as the stereotype you have in your head about Latin American work environments. We expect our employees to actually be doing the work we pay them to do, not spending their time surfing the web randomly. When I saw that you were posting in this forum during working hours, and particularly on these topics, the issue was raised internally. We don't mind the odd post, but it is clear you are spending more time on this forum that actually doing the work we pay you to do.

This conversation has been taken offline and internal.

LOL -- so KarlaBA is also posting during work hours and that's ok, but the other guy Camberiu who is doing the same thing is the one going to be fired?

Funny since I looked and Camberiu has only posted 1 more time and 100 more words than Karla has during work hours today...

syngirl said:
LOL -- so KarlaBA is also posting during work hours and that's ok, but the other guy Camberiu who is doing the same thing is the one going to be fired?

Funny since I looked and Camberiu has only posted 1 more time and 100 more words than Karla has during work hours today...

This matter has been discussed internally and both employees have had their ping pong table privileges suspended for one month.

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS -G. Orwell, Animal Farm.

solerboy said:
I wonder, were these items in her election manifesto ?
"Fine tune the Model"
Neglected to say she was going to use a chain saw to fine tune the Model.

trennod said:
So are you two in the same office? Ermm...awkward?!

I am not so sure. I find it odd that someone from Google would write something like:

"We don't mind the odd post, but it is clear you are spending more time on this forum that actually doing the work we pay you to do."

Someone who is really from Google should know more about how work performance is measured and evaluated in this company.
Also, I find it hard to believe that a fellow Googler would be so petty to threaten someone with dismissal for a disagreement over economics at an expat forum. It must be some kid.

Back