This is just not right! Cristina to turn foreign pensions into pesos!

vr236

Registered
Van a la Justicia contra la pesificación de las jubilaciones extranjeras
El defensor de la Tercera Edad, Eugenio Luis Semino, dijo que afecta a unas 80 mil personas que perciben la jubilación de su país de origen. Además, aseguró que la medida tiene “un alto grado de ilegalidad” y criticó la falta de información oficial.
RELACIONADAS
• Las cuentas en rojo: el déficit fiscal subiría este año un 75%
• El Tesoro ya tomó $ 45.000 millones de organismos públicos en el año
MÁS
ETIQUETAS
• jubilaciones,

• cepo cambiario,

• Eugenio Semino
15/07/12 - 14:43
El defensor de la Tercera Edad de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Eugenio Luis Semino, dijo hoy que irá a la Justicia contra la pesificación de las jubilaciones y pensiones extranjeras, que afecta aproximadamente a unos 80 mil jubilados.

Eugenio Semino dijo que esta medida tomada por el Banco Central tiene “un alto grado de ilegalidad”.

El Gobierno nacional determinó que se comenzarían a pesificar las jubilaciones y pensiones que reciben los jubilados argentinos desde sus países de origen (en su mayoría España e Italia). El Ombudsman de la Tercera Edad aseguró que los organismos estatales se niegan a dar más información sobre esta situación.

"Hemos requerido la información a todos los organismos. La AFIP no ha dado cuenta a nadie de los requerimientos de información que hemos hecho. El Banco Central se remite a las circulares que ya emitió en su momento sobre la pesificación. Y la ANSES está al margen, porque no se trata de beneficios que hayan sido otorgados en la Argentina", dijo Semino en declaraciones a Radio 10.

Según el funcionario, los afectados son alrededor de ochenta mil personas. Y auguró que el tema “terminará en la Justicia”, porque "se produce un desfasaje bastante significativo" entre el cambio oficial y el precio al que luego se consigue cambiar.

El defensor de la Tercera Edad reveló además que se ven afectadas por la medida las personas de la clase pasiva que viven fuera del país, ya que a partir de esta medida sólo pueden cobrar sus jubilaciones en pesos. "Es como una doble condena: se tuvieron que exiliar con los hijos y hoy se ve con una merma o con la dificultad de seguirlo cobrando", indicó.

"Esto tiene un grado de ilegalidad", definió Eugenio Luis Semino, quien esta semana que se inicia seguirá el trámite de las presentaciones judiciales que se harán.
Clarin Sunday July 15

It makes me laugh. This Eugenio Luis Semino .... grand lawyer no doubt .... argues that its unlawful to make people exchange their hard currency at the official rates rather than at the black market (ermmmmm .... illegal) rates.

If they are "jubilados argentinos" then I am assuming at least that they are Argentine citizens. So why should they have special treatment over the others.

It makes me reflect, again, that many people have not yet caught on to where this government is going with this. You can agree with it or not, but its internal logic is impeccable.

Or am I missing something?

Tourist2008 said:
Or am I missing something?

You are missing something. Before this measure if I received a pension from the USA I could have it transferred into Argentina into a US Dollar account. The pension would be converted to pesos by the Central Bank, but then my bank would then buy back US Dollars with the pesos. It was a simultaneous operation. It was then my choice what to do with the US Dollars. I could sell them for pesos or keep them in the bank, or withdraw them and shove them under my mattress. It was my decision.

Now every pensioner is forced to get his or her pension in pesos here at the official rate with no possibility to get dollars or euros again.

It is also just a shameless move. Is it really necessary to steal 30-40% from pensioners? These are people who are living on a fixed income. It just seems really scummy to me.

How can they do this? I'm not sure how pensions worked before, but what if you have it go through a foreign bank first? Wouldn't it still be in Euros or whatever until you withdraw?

This is precisely the type of thing that scares me off from Argentine citizenship. :p You never know what they're going to do.

They are jubilados that worked in Spain and Italy all of their lives and returned to Argentina after retiring. There are a few from the States in the same situation.

Eclair: Now you can have it go to your foreign bank but 20 years ago they would send you a paper check or bank transfer.

Tourist 2008: If the internal logic is getting rid of the middle class it is working!

I think these are foreign nationals that retired and chose to live in Argentina. It is only logical that their country of origin pay them in hard currency and that they dispose of it any way they please.

Eclair said:
How can they do this? I'm not sure how pensions worked before, but what if you have it go through a foreign bank first? Wouldn't it still be in Euros or whatever until you withdraw?

This is precisely the type of thing that scares me off from Argentine citizenship. :p You never know what they're going to do.

Sorry to tell you that there is no difference between argentines and foreigner about that.

Back