Thousands of Argentines, with terror of being expelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
qwerty said:
No, I already know that your parents have never educated you, there is no need to prove it time after time.

The only thing I asked is where the link is
A link to what?

Look above you twit. Now STFU already. I can't take you or your insults seriously. Especially in that broken English of yours.

qwerty said:
No, I already know that your parents have never educated you, there is no need to prove it time after time.

The only thing I asked is where the link is

AlexfromLA said:
Thank you Nikad, that is exactly my understanding. Anything over 180 days and you are not a tourist anymore and you need to apply for some form of residency.
It is cool that they answered, and fast. I would have liked them to quote the law with numbers and all specifics, but at least it is their word in written ;)

AlexfromLA said:
Look above you twit. Now STFU already. I can't take you or your insults seriously. Especially in that broken English of yours.

I leave the insults to you because there is nothing what you can do

But where is the link Alex?

Lol,

qwerty said:
because there is nothing what you can do

" there is nothing what I can do " ?

wtf ??

hahahahahahaha

I don't need to insult you, every time you post you do it for me.

nikad said:
Ok, they have replied to the email I have sent earlier today here it is:

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
[email protected]

para xxxxxxx
mostrar detalles 15:53 (hace 2 horas)

De nuestra consideración:

Le comunicamos que si la persona va ingresar en calidad de turista obtendrá un período de 90 días prorrogables en migraciones por 90 mas o sea que en total son 180 dias. Si el motivo del viaje no es de turismo deberá ingresar con el correspondiente visado del consulado argentino.

ATTE AREA DE COORDINACION OPERATIVA
DIRECCION GENERAL DE MOVIMIENTO MIGRATORIO
DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES

-----

They basically are saying that you can stay in the country for up to 180 days, anything over that you have to leave and re enter with the pertaining visa

-----

This was my original message to them:

Unos familiares viajan desde USA y quisiera saber cual es el maximo de dias que pueden permanecer en el pais durante el año en calidad de turistas? He leido que son 90 dias con la posibilidad de extender la visa por otros 90 dias. Que sucede luego? Pueden reingresar? Despues de cuantos dias? Gracias!

( Some family members are visiting from the US and I would like to know what is the maximum days they are allowed to stay during the year as tourists. I have heard it is 90 days with the possibility of getting a 90 day extension. Are they allowed to re enter? After how long? Thanks! )

---------------

So can any Irish legal scholars decipher this plain spoken text for me ?

It means anybody with a tourist visa can get the 90 day extension, leave and re-enter with a new visa issued from an Argentine consulate...if their motive is not tourism. It does not say that they cannot return and get a new tourist visa the same day (which is precisely what "perma-tourists" do).

Le comunicamos que si la persona va ingresar en calidad de turista obtendrá un período de 90 días prorrogables en migraciones por 90 mas o sea que en total son 180 dias. Si el motivo del viaje no es de turismo deberá ingresar con el correspondiente visado del consulado argentino.

Here is my translation:

We tell him that if the person is going to enter in the category (quality) of a tourist he will obtain a period of 90 days, extendable for 90 days at migrations or what will be in total 180 days. If the motive of the trip is not tourism he should enter with the appropriate visa issued by the Argentine consulate.

AlexfromLA said:
lol

sorry jared but I call bullshit on your post unless you can at least tell us what type of residency you qualified for.

Hey, sorry, didn't see your initial question. I have permanent residency now.

I did move here back in 2003 so maybe that had something to do with it being such a smooth process for me. I'm guessing from what I am reading that is not the norm. I did leave for Asia for a time and just back in August of 09 (if that has something to do with it).

steveinbsas said:
It means anybody with a tourist visa can get the 90 day extension, leave and re-enter with a new visa issued from an Argentine consulate...if their motive is not tourism.
Lol was my English that horrible? anyway, yes, what Steve said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back