Thousands of Argentines, with terror of being expelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlexfromLA said:
Lol,

You are incorrect. It is illegal to be in the country for more than 180 days a year on a tourist visa. It is also illegal to come to Argentina under the guise of " tourism " when your real purpose is to live here permanently. Also if you plan on living in Argentina permanently the law states you have to apply for residency.

But no one in government really cares about any of this so as long as they don't care why should we right ? But if they ever do crack down, some people will be left up a creek without a paddle.

Alex, we will have to agree to differ. In my opinion, based on knowledge of the law, I am not wrong, but clearly you believe what you want to believe, for whatever reason. As I say, we can argue this all day long, but I have checked this out, been told by the Argentine Embassy in Ireland, and by Migraciones here the same thing. I also can read the law, and despite all that you say, there is NO LAW in Argentina that states the maximum number of days you can be in the country, perhaps you miss the point, I thought I had spelt it out clearly. As long as you comply with the law that does exist, and renew your Visa in the way that the law states, you are perfectly entitled, and legal, to be a tourist in Argentina for more than 180 days in a year. It's pretty easy to understand, and to comply with...

Nuff said.

Liam3494 said:
Think I'll head to Colonia for a few days :)

I'll be doing the same in a couple of weeks. It makes for a good change after a few months in this huge city. On the Colonia back roads, a traffic jam is a boy on horseback herding six or seven cows.;)

SaraSara said:
I'll be doing the same in a couple of weeks. It makes for a good change after a few months in this huge city. On the Colonia back roads, a traffic jam is a boy on horseback herding six or seven cows.;)

Just like being at home in Ireland :)

LMAO!!!!

So you're not " bowing out of this thread " are you ? Not as long as I don't let you have the last word that is. ;)

Your opinion is based on your knowledge of not much, you are not an immigration lawyer in Argentina my friend. That's a simple fact. And from what im guessing Spanish is not your first language so your interpretation of the law in Argentina, well lets just say youre not an expert. As I said before a friend of mine tried to renew his visa at immigration for a second time and was told very plainly that he could not and he was only allowed to be in Argentina for 180 days a year on a tourist visa, after which he would have to wait 180 days to come back. The law is very clear, you can come on a 90 day tourist visa and renew once.

Yes you can come back but technically you have to wait 180 days. No one is checking this or enforcing this so I don't really care either way. But when the government finally cracks down there will be alot of unhappy perma tourists.

You can't legally live permanently in Argentina on a tourist visa. This should be pretty easy to understand.

nuff said.

AlexfromLA said:
Now please reference the law that states tourists can live in Argentina permanently even though everybody else needs to apply for residency if they want to live here permanently ?

--------

lol

Qwerty you troll, STFU already.

troll_feed2.jpg

No, I already know that your parents have never educated you, there is no need to prove it time after time.

The only thing I asked is where the link is

Ok, they have replied to the email I have sent earlier today here it is:

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
[email protected]

para xxxxxxx
mostrar detalles 15:53 (hace 2 horas)

De nuestra consideración:

Le comunicamos que si la persona va ingresar en calidad de turista obtendrá un período de 90 días prorrogables en migraciones por 90 mas o sea que en total son 180 dias. Si el motivo del viaje no es de turismo deberá ingresar con el correspondiente visado del consulado argentino.

ATTE AREA DE COORDINACION OPERATIVA
DIRECCION GENERAL DE MOVIMIENTO MIGRATORIO
DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES

-----

They basically are saying that you can stay in the country for up to 180 days, anything over that you have to leave and re enter with the pertaining visa

-----

This was my original message to them:

Unos familiares viajan desde USA y quisiera saber cual es el maximo de dias que pueden permanecer en el pais durante el año en calidad de turistas? He leido que son 90 dias con la posibilidad de extender la visa por otros 90 dias. Que sucede luego? Pueden reingresar? Despues de cuantos dias? Gracias!

( Some family members are visiting from the US and I would like to know what is the maximum days they are allowed to stay during the year as tourists. I have heard it is 90 days with the possibility of getting a 90 day extension. Are they allowed to re enter? After how long? Thanks! )

---------------

Thank you Nikad, that is exactly my understanding. Anything over 180 days and you are not a tourist anymore and you need to apply for some form of residency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back