Time For Traffic Congestion Solutions

Which Traffic Congestion Control do you prefer?

• Alternative days for private vehicles

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Main thoroughfares restricted to buses

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I want to continue to use my car unrestricted

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joe

Registered
In order to speed the Average Joe's daily commute, I offer you two alternatives:
  • Alternate days for private vehicles based on license plates.
  • Main thoroughfares (e.g. Santa Fe, Independencia, etc) restricted to buses, emergency vehicles and taxis with 2 or more passengers)
Not only would this speed everyone's commute, but would save hordes who die in ambulances every year stuck in traffic.

Staggered start/close times help a lot with rush hour problems. Businesses can fix a lot by just changing times 8:45 or 9:15 instead of 9:00 for example.

I just came from Mexico, a 22 million people city, and what amazed me is how well planned is everything, very tidy, many more highways, infraestructure in general. They have the option 1 on this poll. There are better cars, you wont see a car older than 10 years on the street!!
So yes, BsAs is a chaos, totally insane, traffic at every hour, lack of infraestructure, overpopulation of buses and taxis and cars, lack of good subte, metrobus (compared to Mexico) is a joke, and last the fact that everything here is concentrated in Microcentro, making everything more chaotic.

Reactions: Joe
Staggered start/close times help a lot with rush hour problems. Businesses can fix a lot by just changing times 8:45 or 9:15 instead of 9:00 for example.
Would that really help? I don't even detect a rush hour here. The streets are jammed all day from 8am to 7pm.

I just came from Mexico, a 22 million people city, and what amazed me is how well planned is everything, very tidy, many more highways, infraestructure in general. They have the option 1 on this poll. There are better cars, you wont see a car older than 10 years on the street!!
So yes, BsAs is a chaos, totally insane, traffic at every hour, lack of infraestructure, overpopulation of buses and taxis and cars, lack of good subte, metrobus (compared to Mexico) is a joke, and last the fact that everything here is concentrated in Microcentro, making everything more chaotic.

Well, that's fine for the chilangos, but what about the rest of Mexico?

I have never been to Mexico city but other parts of Mexico traffic seemed generally light and bus service good. However don't try to walk ....
sidewalks were a horror, at least half of what should have been walking space were full of kiosks ..

Traffic here does not seem that bad to me (but I don't drive so what do I know). I certainly find walking pretty easy, rarely are cars backed up more than a block waiting at lights ...

Well, that's fine for the chilangos, but what about the rest of Mexico?

the routes I ve been to were incredible!! highways that cut a mountain into two!! everything outside the DF is highway... much much better than here.... (only very EXPENSIVE)

I have never been to Mexico city but other parts of Mexico traffic seemed generally light and bus service good. However don't try to walk ....
sidewalks were a horror, at least half of what should have been walking space were full of kiosks ..

Traffic here does not seem that bad to me (but I don't drive so what do I know). I certainly find walking pretty easy, rarely are cars backed up more than a block waiting at lights ...

yes it could be worst. In Ecuador, cars, trucks and motorcycles often park on the sidewalks and pedestrians have to walk in the streets. It doesn't get more backwards than this. I see it here too sometimes, along with motorcyclists using sidewalks and cycle paths. The traffic problem in BA must be addressed eventually in order to fix those behaviors. If the circulation engineering is faulty and drives ppl nuts, the ppl will do nutty things. I'm just not clear on why so many cars in BA. I hope they are coming from outside the province.

Recently visited Los Angeles. A 34 mile trip from the SFV to LAX airport took me 3 hour and 10 minutes. Talk about stupid dumb places to live, Los Angeles wins hands down.

Back