Tipping culture in Argentina

Too much of an American practice. Like Is see Americans tipping CABA taxi drivers as if thesewere those NY taxi drivers ( from pre UBER era).
I guess I should have clarified my comment as there is a hole in it.

I tip EVERYONE who crosses my path heavily when I know we will be crossing paths again in the future. Put another way, if said person is a one off situation, they don't get the same treatment as a regular would. Hopefully that puts a different light on the statement as I don't hand money out for the shear thrill of it, I am looking for something in return.

The idea of tipping is to reward good service, or a good attitude - a way of saying thank you, regardless of whether we'll see that person again or not.

It is not a bribe, but a pat on the back showing appreciation for a job well done. So nothing should be expected in return - the tip rewards PAST services.

The idea of tipping is to reward good service, or a good attitude - a way of saying thank you, regardless of whether we'll see that person again or not.

It is not a bribe, but a pat on the back showing appreciation for a job well done. So nothing should be expected in return - the tip rewards PAST services.

You would think that, but no, that is not the objective.

And ... therein lies the difference between you and me.

Firstly ... A tip is a tool to receive preferential treatment for the person who gives it. A tip is a reward for the person who receives it.

The idea of tipping (As far as I am concerned.) is to get preferential treatment and to set yourself up for next time.

If the person receiving the tip understands what I am trying to do, they have a clear path to a reward each and every encounter going forward.

If the person receiving the tip understands what I am trying to do, they have a clear path to a reward each and every encounter going forward.

The whole concept of tipping is based on Prisoner's Dilemma / Game Theory and TIT for TAT.

If you understand/grasp the "Game Theory", you will understand how to treat each and every individual who crosses your lifepath on a day to day basis.

The whole concept of tipping is based on Prisoner's Dilemma / Game Theory and TIT for TAT.

If you understand/grasp the "Game Theory", you will understand how to treat each and every individual who crosses your lifepath on a day to day basis.
Ceviche,

That is gold!

Back