To Rent in CABA: Mission Almost Imposible Waitlists exceeds Offer

So what is behind this situation? And what is happening to short term rentals that tourists like? Same phenomenon?
Tourists are too busy getting ripped off on Airbnb. This is a totally different situation where the laws now determine its better to leave your place empty rather than take the risks that accompany renting it out. Although I don't fully understand because I can't really find any risks with renting here since the renter had to pay all the repairs and upkeep on the property while they rent it.

i didn't see if it was in the article posted here, but i swear i read recently that they are considering adding rules to force owners to rent their places out. they would monitor by electricity usage to see if it's being occupied.

totally insane idea, but again, everything here is fixed by more govt.

We were curious to see an apt. For rent on Bulnes u Güemes ,3 amb. ~55 SQ. Metres asking $72,000 pesos (2 yr rent) . Realtor said if you want to qualify you need to make a deposit right now...than we'll check your guarantee/income etc... etc...we left and there was a lineup on Bulnes to see it....maddness! ( P.s it was a crappy 2nd flr. Street facing narrow apt.! )
so $350 a month in one of the richest neighbourhoods in the country. that's not expensive

i didn't see if it was in the article posted here, but i swear i read recently that they are considering adding rules to force owners to rent their places out. they would monitor by electricity usage to see if it's being occupied.

totally insane idea, but again, everything here is fixed by more govt.

Very true the mentioned law project considers a tax on vacant properties

so $350 a month in one of the richest neighbourhoods in the country. that's not expensive

Excellent location , seems a reasonable rent for the area. What is surprising is that one needs to make a cash deposit in advance to qualify for guarantee and income to be able to vsit the peroperty..!

Excellent location , seems a reasonable rent for the area. What is surprising is that one needs to make a cash deposit in advance to qualify for guarantee and income to be able to vsit the peroperty..!
Sure,a reasonable rent for the zone, but the details, old kitchen, old bathroom , a/c split didn't look very usable....and yes you assume the repairs as a renter.
Just an example to rent this 72,000 peso apt you need:
Not accepting a regular guarantee just these new insurance policies... + 2 months rent up front (pesos)

72,000x2=144,000+150,000
=294,000 pesos just to qualify !

Crazy!
Screenshot_20220303-191556.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm going to agree that 300K pesos is well into ripoff territory.

Sure,a reasonable rent for the zone, but the details, old kitchen, old bathroom , a/c split didn't look very usable....and yes you assume the repairs as a renter.
Just an example to rent this 72,000 peso apt you need:
Not accepting a regular guarantee just these new insurance policies... + 2 months rent up front (pesos)

72,000x2=144,000+150,000
=294,000 pesos just to qualify !

Crazy!
View attachment 8112

That's for the garantia. Once the contract ends that money is paid back to you. 150k for the garantia does not go to the owner but to the insurance company and which you get reimbursed assuming nothing goes wrong. Really not anything special here, normal sort of cost of entry to rentals worldwide...

That's for the garantia. Once the contract ends that money is paid back to you. 150k for the garantia does not go to the owner but to the insurance company and which you get reimbursed assuming nothing goes wrong. Really not anything special here, normal sort of cost of entry to rentals worldwide...
I think your wrong about the garantía you buy it and you qualify.. It's NOT refunded at end of contract ..

I think your wrong about the garantía you buy it and you qualify.. It's NOT refunded at end of contract ..
This, just pissed away $120K for nothing on this myself, and the best part is if I don't manage to pay the rent I'm still on the hook despite this.

Imagine car insurance where you pay for 3rd party damage yet you end up having to pay anyways despite the premiums. It's a scam imo, like so much else we deal with, but what can you do.

Back