Too Many Stamps In Passport?

Ok, this is the short cut to get more pages for your US passport. If you do this at US post office, it takes much longer
time. You can not do this at busy US embassies like Beijing. You have to make an appointment online. They make
it hard now.

But Argentina is still not bad, you go directly to the window for US citizens, bypass all the Argies who wait for US via,
leave the passport and get it again.

Last time the employee recognized my home address, she said she used to live nearby in Bay Area. She made me wait
there for one hour, and gave me a new passport after I washed my passport by accident.

Just an update, had my first ever questioning/weird look at AEP when a young migraciones lady asked if I had a resident visa when she saw all my stamps. First she thought I was a student, I told her no I am visiting my girlfriend. She asked if she was Argentinian - which she is. She said I should get residency and I told her I that I am too young to get married but it is possible in the future. She laughed, said she understood and that she was also too young and off I went.

I'm living with my (Argy) boyfriend here as a tourist and I've considered saying exactly the same thing if anyone tries to give me shit at migraciones.... sounds like a good way to explain yourself out of a jam!!

Last time i entered at EZE (a few weeks ago coming back from family visit in Europe) the woman didn't ask me any questions, just if I was entering as a tourist... looked through my stamps. Got to the last page of stamps. Went back through my stamps and stared for a second... my hunch is that she was checking how many overstays I've got (1 so far) but I could be wrong. Anyway most people here swear that the amount of overstays doesn't matter... then what was she looking so long for? Finally stamped me 90 days and sent me on my way. I also heard that they could do this and then send a notice to the address you provide. I gave her the correct one and she asked specifically for the apartment # which I had not disclosed at first. Hopefully I won't be getting a deportation notice! But I'm only 2 years living here so far so I guess I'm safe. For now. :huh:

Well here's my experience: I've never had an issue coming in to/leaving Arge twice.

I have to go to Uruguay soon to renew, but I just got a job today that is going to help sponsor me for a DNI so that should save me some $.
Bit confused how a contract job can get me one, but they really wanted me apparently so they hired me on the spot, who knows, maybe they'll
extend? *fingers crossed*

While I wait though, I'm not going to overstay by a day so the application for my DNI/work visa is smooth. Any ways, about lots of stamps:

I've had two instances where my passport stamps have resulted in interesting looks/comments/stares

I have a good number of stamps in a Canadian Passport (I use my Canadian one for Arge because of the fees/no need for a Bolivian visa/cheap Brasil visa. I'm a male in my early 20's and I always tell them the truth at immigration everywhere I go: I work/worked at a grocery store.)

The Stamps are as follows:

-4 USA, 2 France, 2 UK, 5 Italy, Sweden, 3 Colombia, Russian Visa, Morocco, Monaco, Brasil Visa, 3 Argentina, and Bolivia
(I've been to more places than that, but those are the stamps).

When I flew in to Glasgow during the Olympics last year the woman asked me where I was going. I told her London, she asked why
I was in Glasgow then, I said I wanted to see it/take the train to London then I was off to Europa. She look at me strange, picked up a phone,
then looked through my passport, she hung it up and said "You've been to Europe a couple times before haven't you?" I said yeah, asked if I
did something wrong she said no, just doing my job and that I'm very organized then stamped it and said bye.

Second time I was crossing the border at Niagara Falls into the USA. Guy asked where I was going, I said Moscow, he looked at me and said Moscow as in Moscow Russia? I said yup! Delta a deal for $450 roundtrip JFK-SVO and I wanted to go since I was a kid. Asked me if I spoke Russian, I said no, if I knew anyone, I said no, he asked where I worked, I said grocery store, he looked through my passport and said "for work?" I said no, I love to travel, and he looked at my stamps and said "I can tell". Wished me luck and I was on my way thankfully.

Then going in to Bolivia the migrations guys up in La Quiaca/Villazón were playing Space Invaders on their computer lol, then they asked me if I spoke Spanish, said no (I was with friends) asked if me and my best friend we're related I said no, and then said while looking at my visas/stamps that I'm apparently an interesting guy.

At least someone thinks so lol :rolleyes:

There was an Américan deported at Ezeiza some months ago. Use the search tool of the forum. Regards

Illegality is like that, it doesn´t work out like a cop movie where 10 police cars show up everytime you make something illegal.

You just asume risk, and the risk might happend. Car speeding is a good example, besides the ticket, sonner or later you might have an accident. If the risk is clear and you decide to go for it, then it is Ok. We are all adults.

The risk is low? Yes. Is it necesary? No.

Illegality is like that, it doesn´t work out like a cop movie where 10 police cars show up everytime you make something illegal.

You just asume risk, and the risk might happend. Car speeding is a good example, besides the ticket, sonner or later you might have an accident. If the risk is clear and you decide to go for it, then it is Ok. We are all adults.

The risk is low? Yes. Is it necesary? No.
Can you confirm the 180 days rule Bajo?

This from Embassy Web Site

Length of stay allowed for travellers exempt from visas

On arrival, nationals exempt from visas are normally allowed to stay 90 days on a multiple entry basis. Before the expiry date they may apply for an extension at Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, only once and for no longer than the same length of stay granted in the visa. Thus, the new expiry date will be normally 90 days after the expiry date of the visa. If the person travels outside of Argentina at any time (under the orignal period granted on arrival or under the extension), when re-entering the country he/she will be usually given another 90 days, which can be subsequently extended. The number of times the traveller can re-enter the country in this way can not be determined beforehand and it is subject to Dirección Nacional de Migraciones being satisfied that the person is not covering an immigration purpose.

Back