Too Many Stamps In Passport?

I still can't help thinking that the system in this country is quite lenient, especially if you compare it to other countries like the UK or USA.

There's no 180 days rule, it's up to the judgement/appreciation of the Customs officer (in theory, you could even get deported if you just spend 10 days here/get your entry denied even if it's your first time = if the Customs officer has reasons to believe you don't come for turist purposes).

As has been repeated I know the law says if you are here less than 6 months/year you are a tourist, even if you have a lot of stamps and get funny looks. A simple look and addition of the days entered/departed would prove that. So unless they had proof you were working while here I find it hard to believe they would reject you. Is it even possible to get temporary residency (eg rentista visa) if you are here less than 6 months/year?

As has been repeated I know the law says if you are here less than 6 months/year you are a tourist, even if you have a lot of stamps and get funny looks. A simple look and addition of the days entered/departed would prove that. So unless they had proof you were working while here I find it hard to believe they would reject you. Is it even possible to get temporary residency (eg rentista visa) if you are here less than 6 months/year?

I don't think there's any law stating that you're a tourist if you stay here less than 6 months/year. Determining if you're a tourist or not depends what's the motive for your stay here: if it's leisure/tourism, you're a tourist. But, technically, if you arrive here as a tourist and expect to live & work, then you are not a tourist from day 1. This is of course not really enforced except for a very few rare cases.

For the second question, I think you could get a rentista visa, but once you have residency here, I kind of recall you have to stay in Argentina for a minimum of time per year (don't recall how many months but people of the forum will know)

You know wrong. There was a change in the law on 2010 and there is something called "desnaturalización del permiso de ingreso turista" or fake tourist. This allow the immigration agent to reject you at the border line if he suspect that you are a fake tourist.
Take a look:

For the second question, I think you could get a rentista visa, but once you have residency here, I kind of recall you have to stay in Argentina for a minimum of time per year (don't recall how many months but people of the forum will know)
It would be good to get this clarified.

Also have many stamps and my last trip was a bit unnerving for me at EZE: immigration. When entering, the agent took off and I guess conferred with someone. After about five minutes or so she returned and gave me a ninety day tourist stamp. Did not say anything. When departing about three weeks later, same deal, agent took off and returned in about five minutes and gave the exit stamp. Asked if everything is OK and she said "no problems." Know she made some entries into the computer, what they were is a anyone's guess. The exit thing kind of baffled me, in Argentina for 22 days. My best guess is they keep a running total for the days spent in Argentina. Have never over stayed or even come close. Just make a lot of trips to Argentina. Stay for about three weeks and away for a month or so.
Through EZE immigration today, no problems no questions: 90 days. Customs, could care less what was in the luggage. Quite laid back for everyone.

Back