Tourist Visas Sketchy...is Marrying An Argentine The Answer?

Are you talking about the things you enter into the marriage with? Yes, that's correct - what you enter with, you leave with. But anything purchased while married is a joint asset. * And prenups aren't legally binding here.

*The only way around this that I know is if you have a company set up and only one partner is a shareholder. If the company purchases the assets (house,car, whatever), then technically the company owns it and it wouldn't be a shared asset to be divided during divorce.
Yes that was my understanding, the "bienes proprios" kept being owned exclusively, while the "bienes gananciales" (after marriage) are 50/50. I think it's impossible to write a contract that says otherwise for the "bienes gananciales" (?).

Only remedy: to marry, then do a "separacion de hecho", therefore the "bienes gananciales" become "bienes anomalos" (no splitting).

But that would become a really complicated situation indeed

Leaving the legality of the issue aside, if you choose to do this, I would watch out for the following:

A friend that may end up falling for you/you may end up falling for.
A friend that may have a tendency to think "since I am doing this for this person, then it should be fine if ### happens" ### being anything from eating your groceries to expecting you to clean for them/pay for services you don't use, etc.

If anything, I would take advantage of the marriage equality law and either marry someone of your own gender who is 100% straight, or someone 100% gay of the opposite gender, that way you are sure neither of you ends up getting any false hopes.

One thing to take into consideration - your last entry stamp must be valid at the date of your marriage, so if you have an already expired tourist visa, you want to head to immigration and ask for a prorroga. When me and the husband did that he got stamped "Final Prorroga" which means that if you won't get any extensions after that one.

It was an exp<b></b>ression, but technically, anything less than 100% would be considered bisexual, really. But it was meant as an exp<b></b>ression, you obviously can't go around assigning percentages to things as complex as sexuality, identity, etc.

Marriage has more consequenses:
1) if he/she gets disable, you have to pay for his/her expendichures and to take care for life time.
2) if he/she dies because you didn't take care, you go to jail for serious abandon of person (same as murder).
3) Dnm makes marriage interviews.

So, the best option is to go for citizenship, but my opinión is biased.

Is there a law that deals with a long term partner who you are not married too? Is there a length of time when they get the same rights as marriage?

No.
You have marriage if you want marriage rights and duties. There is also gay marriage better known as equal rights marriage.

Thread is kind of stale, but, here's something along the same topic line - purely hypothetical...
If a US citizen married an Argentino (who later became a US citizen) in the US and then got divorced there, but later decided to move to Argentina to live (and the ex had already moved back to Argentina), would the Argentine gov't have a way of knowing that they were divorced? Could the US citizen apply for permanent residency using the ex (who is willing to go along - she gave him his US green card and residency for heaven's sake!) as an actual current spouse without anyone catching on?
Any thoughts?

About the criminal background check. I guess I qualify as a criminal; I have been fined for some really petty crap most notably riding a bike home 'under the influence' from the pub. So, are the Argentines picky when it comes to that, or do they just want to see if you have been smuggling chemical weapons, maybe kidnapping a few people or exporting stimulants of the runny nose kind?

Back