Transfer Money From Arg Account To Us Account

BAGirl2004

Registered
Is there any way possible to transfer money from an Argentine account (Santandar Rio, specifically) to a US bank account? Of course, legally and without too many fines. I get paid into an Argentine account, and I want to be able to access funds in the US. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any tips or real advice?

Sorry for that. I've had the same problem. As far as I know there is no way to get money out of the country unless you buy the Dollar Blue.
Perhaps you could ask your work to pay into your US account.

If you are reciving your sallary in pesos you shoulnd't have any problem to send it outside using family help tranfers at the oficial rate, but you can send a maximun of 1500 usd per month per person and you need a familiar in the states that i guess you have. This is 100% legal.

If you are reciving your sallary in pesos you shoulnd't have any problem to send it outside using family help tranfers at the oficial rate, but you can send a maximun of 1500 usd per month per person and you need a familiar in the states that i guess you have. This is 100% legal.

My girlfriend inquired about this and was told there was a 30% charge, so in fact its not at the official rate at all.

If all you want is access to spend , you could get a credit card and use it buy stuff. You get the official rate plus a 15% surcharge.

I had never heard of family help but it sounds interesting.

Your best option is to deposit your pesos in your Arg bank account and use your Arg debit card to pay for whatever you need in the US ( 1 usd = 4.96 + 15% pesos )

Buy stocks locally like YPF or bonds pay in pesos and sell them in the NY stock exchange. Any casa de Bolsa can do the transaction and deposit the proceeds in your account.

Yes, but that really depends on your situation, resources you have and what you are willing to do. You can't just transfer your money into another account outside Argentina. Depending on your situation you are going to be able to transfer your money.

- Are you a US Citizen? Do you have residency in another country besides Argentina?
- Are you in the US or here in Argentina?
- Do you have an international credit card in Arg with a good limit? only debit?

Please read the post I made in another thread: http://baexpats.org/...th/#entry194029

My girlfriend inquired about this and was told there was a 30% charge, so in fact its not at the official rate at all.
Sorry to tell you that your girldfriend is wrong, extremely wrong, that is the problem in this forum people just talk for talk, i understand that you may have problems to get info in spanish, but don't contradict something just because someone have maybe told you that there is as far as she look a 30% charge. Family help throught bank tranfer have a cost that is the tranfer cost equal to 6.66% aprox, so you pay the oficial rate that have your bank plus 6-8% if you tranfer 1500 usd. And yes i do it everymoth so don't confuse people when someone provide the best option in their situation (then people complain that they cannot find good information)

What your girl friend look is the 30% charge of the western union 300 usd tranfer that is a diferent family help for people that don't have a bank account here, anyway you can avoid 30% western union, just go to correo argentino they charge for the same service 7-8%. But in the particular case of the person that ask for a way to tranfer money outside having an Argentine account they have to use family help tranfer that the cheapest way an at Oficial rate.

Back