Transfer Money From Arg Account To Us Account

Hi Veteran.
I´m actually trying to do the exact same thing at the moment.
Trying to transfer from my Santander Rio bank to my Dads NAB account in AUS.
Though the guy at the bank said I needed to provide:

1. Bank Account Name, Account Number, Bank SWIFT etc.... (easy stuff)
2. My Birth Cert. (no probs, as I have this and my dad´s name is on it, DONE!)

3. Certificado Residencia en Australia
Now…this is where I am having an issue....
What did you do here with this request???

Because it seems that the AUS Government does not give these certificates to Australian Citizens. (Because we have a birth cert, or passport to prove we are Australian)
They only given them to people on Visas in Australia, for example.

So I told the guy at the bank this and he said he needs it otherwise he cannot make the transfer.
I said he could have an a copy of my Dads passport, birth cert, house bills, ATO taxation cert (which proves he is a resident)
But still he said NO!

Also did you need to have your documents officially translated or not?

Cheers and Thanks Heaps
Travis.

Figure anything out here?

I've spoken to several bank folks, and get the same response from each.

Apparently the process has been more restrictive recently in the requirement of the certificate of residency. No one knows exactly where to obtain such certificate (in my case, the US), but keep telling me to try the consulate, and seek a document stating the person has been a resident of such country from date x to present. I've received different information regarding whether it needs to state the exact address, or just country. Just do not know where to have them go in the US to get an official document stating something like that.

And to add to the dilema, was told that when I leave Argentina permanently, which will be in the next several months, there is not currently a way to repatriate any funds that I have in my account here to my home country. I can go to the central bank to make a claim, assuming I have documentation (1) from my work here stating my job here is terminating in Argentina, and (2) a work contract from the US, but there is no guarantee they will approve the transfer. :-/

Back