Transfer Money From Arg Account To Us Account

The Information came from the Gerente de Banko Credicoop and also Confirmed by the Accountant at her fathers company. I guess I can get her to go back and ask once more at another bank

Then the Gerente of banco Credicoop must be seriously uninformed.

One thing that is weird is that i'm sending money to a person that have 0 family bond with me and they never demand me any documentation, so i supose that is only for the bank to cover them self the documentation of family link, anyway normally they ask a certificado de nacimiento with that paper you prof that your brothers are your brothers and your father or grand father are yours.

Yeah I dont know Lamarque, I just followed the instructions of the guys at the branch. I obviously had to put down my sisters name (being account name holder) and given that was a different surname to her birth certificate that was why I brought along marriage certificate. Anyhoo, confused the life out of them. I might actually go and try it again soon, probably not this week but the next and will let you all know how it goes and any changes in the process.

One thing to keep in mind is that the central bank sets the regulation "only to family members" but doesn´t state how to prove that one is a family member, it is up to each bank. Some banks will take sworn statements (declaraciones juradas) which basically means that if you get investigated the burden of proof is on you. Others may ask for documents.
I remember from when I actually received money from my mom 5 years ago--each bank was different, some demanded "apostilled" documents and one actually took an email (!) in which my mom wrote "my lovely daughter, I am sending you the money. love, your mother".
The same is true for a lot of things at the banks, there are general guidelines and it is up to the bank to interpret it. Shop around.

One thing to keep in mind is that the central bank sets the regulation "only to family members" but doesn´t state how to prove that one is a family member, it is up to each bank. Some banks will take sworn statements (declaraciones juradas) which basically means that if you get investigated the burden of proof is on you. Others may ask for documents.
I remember from when I actually received money from my mom 5 years ago--each bank was different, some demanded "apostilled" documents and one actually took an email (!) in which my mom wrote "my lovely daughter, I am sending you the money. love, your mother".
The same is true for a lot of things at the banks, there are general guidelines and it is up to the bank to interpret it. Shop around.

They ask me a sworn statement in my case nothing more.

Yes, all bank must do this as it is legally allowed. I think its a must to have a bank account as the processing is to be done by the bank (and preferably a salary account so that the bank is sure of the source of the money).

Also, you have to include many documents - DNI, CUIL, Employment contract, a Certificate to prove relationship with the transferee (e.g. Birth certificate, Passport would also work if your father/mother name is included). You also would need to fill some forms which the bank will provide you.

Regarding family, you can send to your parent (I know someone who sent money to his brother too with additional paperwork, but parents will be the safest bet).

I have a friend who could really benefit from this as they need to pay bills in the states but the majority of their income is en negro. Could they transfer the entire en blanco part (essentially exhausting what is in account) every 2 months or so, or would that raise suspicion? That money is legal coming direct deposit from their employer, but it would be basically sending all of it. As far as I know, they have the DNI, CUIL, employeement contract, and could prove relation

I used western union in Europe, no problem with charges. Here in Argentina they are not fair.

Yeah I dont know Lamarque, I just followed the instructions of the guys at the branch. I obviously had to put down my sisters name (being account name holder) and given that was a different surname to her birth certificate that was why I brought along marriage certificate. Anyhoo, confused the life out of them. I might actually go and try it again soon, probably not this week but the next and will let you all know how it goes and any changes in the process.

Hi Veteran.
I´m actually trying to do the exact same thing at the moment.
Trying to transfer from my Santander Rio bank to my Dads NAB account in AUS.
Though the guy at the bank said I needed to provide:

1. Bank Account Name, Account Number, Bank SWIFT etc.... (easy stuff)
2. My Birth Cert. (no probs, as I have this and my dad´s name is on it, DONE!)

3. Certificado Residencia en Australia
Now…this is where I am having an issue....
What did you do here with this request???

Because it seems that the AUS Government does not give these certificates to Australian Citizens. (Because we have a birth cert, or passport to prove we are Australian)
They only given them to people on Visas in Australia, for example.

So I told the guy at the bank this and he said he needs it otherwise he cannot make the transfer.
I said he could have an a copy of my Dads passport, birth cert, house bills, ATO taxation cert (which proves he is a resident)
But still he said NO!

Also did you need to have your documents officially translated or not?

Cheers and Thanks Heaps
Travis.

Hi Veteran.
I´m actually trying to do the exact same thing at the moment.
Trying to transfer from my Santander Rio bank to my Dads NAB account in AUS.
Though the guy at the bank said I needed to provide:

1. Bank Account Name, Account Number, Bank SWIFT etc.... (easy stuff)
2. My Birth Cert. (no probs, as I have this and my dad´s name is on it, DONE!)

3. Certificado Residencia en Australia
Now…this is where I am having an issue....
What did you do here with this request???

Because it seems that the AUS Government does not give these certificates to Australian Citizens. (Because we have a birth cert, or passport to prove we are Australian)
They only given them to people on Visas in Australia, for example.

So I told the guy at the bank this and he said he needs it otherwise he cannot make the transfer.
I said he could have an a copy of my Dads passport, birth cert, house bills, ATO taxation cert (which proves he is a resident)
But still he said NO!

Also did you need to have your documents officially translated or not?

Cheers and Thanks Heaps
Travis.
Go to another bank, i never got asked of nothing like that.

They ask me a sworn statement in my case nothing more.

Lamarque you are privileged always get higher interests, special treatment , privileges , etc... :D You have unique relationship with your banker....!! God Luck :wub:

Back