Transfer money out of Argentina

nikad

Registered
Well, I know I have seen posts about this before, but I keep searching and nada :p Anybody has experience transferring a large sum of money out of Argentina? What is the process like? Any special requirements? I would appreciate any help/advice :)

there are two ways, one through a bank and another through a cambista (exchange house)....unless you have a very special reason to want to go through a bank i would recommend a cambista...and I would be glad to recemmend to you a couple of reputable ones to check out, just let me know. It's very simple, you give them the money and the next day the money shows up in your USA bank account.

rentaplus said:
there are two ways, one through a bank and another through a cambista (exchange house)....unless you have a very special reason to want to go through a bank i would recommend a cambista...and I would be glad to recemmend to you a couple of reputable ones to check out, just let me know. It's very simple, you give them the money and the next day the money shows up in your USA bank account.
Hi, thanks for your quick reply,and please let me know of casas de cambio to make the transfer, I was thinking about Banco Piano (?) You can PM the info if you want :)

What's a 'large sum of money'?

Can I walk into a casa de cambio, put down US$100,000 and have it show up in my US bank account days later?

Seems unlikely, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Neil

Denver said:
What's a 'large sum of money'?

Can I walk into a casa de cambio, put down US$100,000 and have it show up in my US bank account days later?

Seems unlikely, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Neil

If you trust the exchange house enough to do it without giving you a receipt it can (and will) be done.

So I've been told.:D

Back