Transportation And Pets Within Argentina

So, tomorrow we will leave for Mar del Plata with Serafina (she is 7 mo. old now). We had very few options left.

Coach - no pets allowed officially, but we were told that 'unofficially' people carry them all the times. The point is if other passengers complains and you are not allowed to board / are forced to leave the bus in the middle of your ride. Not nice.

Train - there are two companies riding from buenos aires to mar del plata, and they both aren't allowing pets on board (they were allowed in the past and their websites is not updated about this, they still read that you can bring your pet)

Plane - on Aerolineas website they say pets are allowed on board, but they require a vet certificate no more than 7 days old. They don't specify whether it has to be a certificate issued by Senasa or any other vet, anyway it is an expensive option.

Microbus (combis) - I found a couple of micros riding to mar del plata that accept pets. Your pet pays 50% of the full fare or more if it is so large to occupy a seat. The companies are ALFABUS (http://www.alfabus.com.ar/) and combis a la costa (http://www.combisalacosta.com.ar/tarifas.htm) and cost about 20% of a regular coach.

If you're going to take Serafina on a bus you should probably have her declawed.

If you want to play the odds, you should probably buy lottery tickets.

There is a (maybe more than one) documentary out that shows just how cruel it is to declaw a cat and the physical damage that is done when their joints are cut off and tendons severed. My cat died many years ago and had been declawed in front. After seeing the film, I will forever feel guilty about what I put him through.

Just an update. I recently went to Aeroparque and I saw this pet carrier measuring post.
Basically, it is the height of a shoebox, slightly larger. Yikes!

33vkhnc.jpg

There is a (maybe more than one) documentary out that shows just how cruel it is to declaw a cat and the physical damage that is done when their joints are cut off and tendons severed. My cat died many years ago and had been declawed in front. After seeing the film, I will forever feel guilty about what I put him through.

It is crueler to let cats kill birds.

I thought only man could be cruel because he is supposed to "know better". Is nature really cruel? Or is it more cruel to de-claw a cat to make it something it's not - a de-clawed predator...

I thought only man could be cruel because he is supposed to "know better". Is nature really cruel? Or is it more cruel to de-claw a cat to make it something it's not - a de-clawed predator...

Cats are domestic or feral animals already transformed by human agency - cultural selection, if you will.

Back