Traveling On Options

Take Morroco to live the times of Paul Bowles, and Boroughs as in Bertolucci's film Sheltering Skies...
https://en.wikipedia...ering_Sky_(film)

Marrakesh is a natural choice

I was there many years ago.... Very exotic for sure. I had a great time. But alcohol drinking is Verboten !!!
So if you want to have a cold beer on a hot summer day you're out of luck. Plenty of cheap Hashish everywhere though.

I was there many years ago.... Very exotic for sure. I had a great time. But alcohol drinking is Verboten !!!
So if you want to have a cold beer on a hot summer day you're out of luck. Plenty of cheap Hashish everywhere though.

Not much of a drinker anymore, but none ? Even in Tangier ? I thought the king had loosened up a bit. I'm pretty sure there is booze down in Agadir.

I was never in Agadir. Only Fez, Casablanca & Marrakech. I went there some decades ago.
Things might have changed now.

Alcoholic beverages are not forbidden in Morocco, although all religious Moroccan Muslims know it is frowned upon and thus the majority of them do not drink in public. Morocco also produces many good wines. For drinkers who want to visit Morocco, don't hesitate. The liquor flows, believe me! By the way, I worked for Royal Air Maroc in the mid-70s, and according to some French friends who visit Morocco frequently, booze is still available everywhere.

Thanks Richard. A walkable city always appeals to me.

Portugal is appealing, though Lisbon is not a great walking city... unless you are a mountain goat.
You might be bored in Victoria.

Vancouver BC is quite nice and may even be affordable now. Victoria is a walking city, all 6 blocks of it. Especially if you like tee shirt shops.:=)

T/

Vancouver BC is quite nice and may even be affordable now. Victoria is a walking city, all 6 blocks of it. Especially if you like tee shirt shops.:=)

T/

Victoria is taking a beating.

Back