Travellers to be quarantined on arrival

I'm flying to eze after two weeks in Peru. I'm a us citizen. Am I subject to the quarantine even though I haven't been in the the us for over a month?

Hard to say but be prepared for it.

My company will force me to. We're already having complications getting our contractors back in the country. Although during my 14 days I'm not sure who will check on my whereabouts or bring me food and water....

Flights are now banned for a month so your company can't force you. This measure should make it very clear to your company that the situation is grave.

I am a European citizen with a temp residence in ARG. If I travel to Brasil for a weekend next week and fly back to BA — assuming there is no shift in policy in the meantime — will they let me in? Will they ask me to do a 14 day isolation? I read the DNU and it says ‘EU nationals’ not just people who have been there recent — which I have not.

Who knows but given the circumstances, you're taking a risk. I wouldn't go. I'd be worried all the time I was there and wouldn't enjoy myself.

Well I guess Fernandez reads this forum or soemthing. Looks like I'm not going back for a month.

Way to beat it is to fly to neighboring country and cross border on foot. IGU comes to mind. Worst can happen is you say.. no thanks. But if you are any mercosur resident, chances are they won't give you a second look.

Hard to say but be prepared for it.

The law does not express that a american citizen that comes to Argentina from staying two weeks in Peru is exempt from the home quarantine . What I do not understand by this law what happens if someone enters the country not knowing the law and does not have the means to afford this quarantine . Does the Argentine government provide a service for these tourists ? I appreciate if a lawyer could answer this question .

I would suggest government will wash its hands of those people. I saw an official Peruvian government communique earlier this evening about similar but stronger measures that were being put in place there: all travelers from certain countries (regardless of symptoms) had to go into 14-day quarantine on arrival, or take the next flight out. The announcement contained a note to the effect that the government would not reimburse the costs of any traveller who had to pay for their enforced 14-day stay in quarantine or their choice to fly out immediately. (The communique became moot shortly afterwards, overtaken by the same decision as here; to simply stop all flights from Asia and Europe).

Back