Troublesome Foreigners Will Be Kicked Out

I'm not entirely sure, but I might be browner than thou.

Either way, the immigrants Mme de K was discussing do not spend their time debating maple syrup brands on Baexpats.

Probably not. But if they are causing "social discomfort", they might be asked to leave, brown or not.

In the context of the speech, she was discussing "the revolving door" often mentioned by critics of the current legal system. So make no mistake, this is yet another bone being tossed by the Ks to the rabid right wing here.

Is it? I know I wasn't alone in being fairly stunned that an armed motochorro ended up on national TV instead of prison. And I've been accused of being a wooly minded bleeding heart liberal a lot more than I have a rabid wingnut.

Be curious to know if she is suggesting anything new here though. Preventative prison is already on the books according to Bajo Cero. The problem with the motochorro case was that he failed in his attempt to rob, and the potential sentence which corresponded to his crime wasn't long enough to warrant being sent to prison to await trial. My understanding of this situation was that the length of your potential sentence determines whether or not you go to jail to await trial or not. Is K suggesting that the sentencing laws be changed?

And I thought the government already had the power to expel foreigners who commit crimes? If you aren't a citizen, can't you be deported easily enough for committing crimes? I thought having a clean criminal record was a residence requirement for foreigners?

Not quite. Politically speaking, it is a very rational (but ruthless) move. She has nothing to lose politically by making this move, and might be even able to get some dividends out of it.
These extranjeros don't vote..!!

Possibly leaking into the brain causing misfiring of the synapses.

Implying she has a brain to begin with.

I say she's powered by an incomparable narcism/delusion/lies that take
the place of where a brain should be.

Nelson Castro has his own theory regarding her Hubris status.
Fact is that she does indeed have a brain and is one of the cleverest politicians in the country, which is why the opposition are running around like headless chickens.
What a sight!

Is she clever? She comes out with an awful lot of childish and contradictory nonsense.

Back