Turista Visa 1 Day - SeaCat

To renewal the visa traveling to Colonia makes no sense.
Since decrete 616-2010 was enacted, both situations, to abuse of turist visa and to just stay, are equally irregular.

But there is a huge difference, if you leave they can deny your re entry. If you stay you have the same civil rights than Argentines, among others, to live, travel and abandon the territory anytime you want.

If you just live here, I suggest you apply for citizenship. You can do it being irregular, without legal residence, without legal working, without DNI.

You have more info here: www.rubilar.com.ar

Regards

I took the shortest trip ever on Seacat in September. I was in Uruguay for approximately 15 minutes... just enough time to get off the boat, go through immigrations and get back on the same boat back to BsAs... I even sat in the same seat on the way back much to the dismay of the crew who worked the ferry ride to Colonia.

I don't understand Seacat but often times I am actually on a Buquebus boat, but I am only paying like 100 pesos round trip to go on the same Buquebus boat that people pay 3x as much for... I don't know if Seacat is a reseller of Buquebus seats or what. Last time I went I was actually on a tiny Seacat ferry but often times I'm on a Buquebus boat even though I booked through Seacat...

Anyway to answer the question, you don't have to over night and you don't even have to leave the port!

Back