U.S. debit cards

Silvie

Registered
Hello. I am wondering if anybody has been using a USA debit card to make purchases at supermarkets or any stores in Argentina and if they actually work here. I have only used them to withdraw cash at ATMS here. Any experiences? I read you.

Hello. I am wondering if anybody has been using a USA debit card to make purchases at supermarkets or any stores in Argentina and if they actually work here. I have only used them to withdraw cash at ATMS here. Any experiences? I read you.
Fees on some US debit cards can be enormous. Check with your bank before using one.

Mine has no fees....and I too would like to know if anyone has had problems using a debit card. And will a supermarket give you an amount of cash when you make the purchase?

YES, I have used my US Visa and Mastercard debit cards at supermarket chains and large appliance stores. I use my US passport as I.D. No hassles. My Schwab card requires that I update my travel notice online before using it.

Back