UBA on my own VS transfer/exchange program

nikad said:
Lmao, I also thought the pic looked... weird... ideas of toilets crossed my mind ;o)

Hahaha, okay okay. The toilet picture has been changed. And sorry for double posting, but I have yet to figure out how to quote two things at once. And thanks for letting me know my pic was a little....strange

Darnol91 said:
Hahaha, okay okay. The toilet picture has been changed. And sorry for double posting, but I have yet to figure out how to quote two things at once. And thanks for letting me know my pic was a little....strange
Don't mention it. But I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't tell you that your posture is a little off, but you'll be glad to know that there are yoga studios all over town where someone can set you on the right direction towards strengthening your core and standing up straight.

Buenos Aires will fix you yet.

Merry Christmas

Napoleon said:
Don't mention it. But I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't tell you that your posture is a little off, but you'll be glad to know that there are yoga studios all over town where someone can set you on the right direction towards strengthening your core and standing up straight.

Buenos Aires will fix you yet.

Merry Christmas

Damn, I cant get a break on these pics. Lol I was bending over to a girl that was shorter than me to take the picture, I just cropped her out.

So, as someone mentioned above, if I was you, my biggest concern would be the quality/location of the living arrangements. If that is in a decent part of town, near to where you will be taking classes, and a nice enough apartment, then you are probably getting an ok deal.

Over the years I have attended all kinds of classes at various branches of the UBA in the city. The quality of the teachers is excellent, probably better than most of my college professors. However, registering, getting someone to answer an email (or the phone), transferring credit, etc. is a complete disaster. Also, the quality of the buildings is very poor. (I did notice the other day a few places have internet now, where there used to be none.)

Anyway, if you are just going for 2 months and are transferring the credit back, I would say go for the package (assuming the place you will be living is decent.) Otherwise, if you are just learning spanish for pleasure, and are willing to deal with some headaches, you could rent a temporary apartment, show up a little early and deal with the UBA registration in person, and hope everything turns out ok...

I am attaching some pictures of the apartment, and also including the detailed description of the program. Once again, thanks for all the great help!

"Program: Summer Program in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Accommodation: 1st Class Shared Apartment
Program Duration: 2 Months
Program Fee: USD 3.000 - Registration Fee: USD 70
TOTAL PROGRAM FEE: USD 3.070
Program Fee includes:
 Admission & Enrollment
 University Summer Program (2 Months) - Full Tuition, Textbooks & Learning Materials Included: Classes are Monday to Friday from 1pm - 4pm
 Official Transcripts & Certificates
 Accommodation in a 1st class Shared Apartment located in Palermo, Barrio Norte or Recoleta (2 Months) - All utilities Included: Electricity,
water, gas, maid service, linens and towels, Wi-Fi Internet, building taxes, city taxes, cable TV, line telephone
 Advice & Assistance with Visa Requirements: We will advise you on what to bring, how to apply, what to expect and we will help you during the
entire process.
 Welcome Package: On your arrival you will receive the Mente Argentina welcome package containing the Mente Argentina bag, Mente Argentina
welcome guide, a mate, maps, cell Phone, city guide and much more!
 Airport Pick up and Drop off: Your program coordinator will be waiting for you at the airport to brief you about the program and to take you to your
apartment.
 Free Cell Phone: USD 50 Security Deposit is required
 Free Gym Membership
 24 hs ON-SITE Support: We are here to help you in case you need us!

Activities included in the program fee (at no extra charge):
 Buenos Aires City Tour
 Tigre and Delta Tour  Tango Lessons  La Bomba Percussion show
 Buenos Aires Graffiti   Mente Argentina Nights 
Mente Argentina - Guardia Vieja 3346 piso 4 “F”
ARGENTINA (54.11) 3968.7861 / (54.911) 5936.3553
USA (858) 926.5510 Email: [email protected] / / www.MenteArgentina.com
 La Boca, San Telmo & P. Madero Tour  Buenos Aires Pub Crawl  & Many more...
Program: Summer Program in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Accommodation: 1st Class Shared Apartment
Program Duration: 2 Months
EXTRAS & OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES
Extras: Combine your program with a Short Course or with an Internship/Volunteer position
 Regular Short Course - 4 Weeks - (Cooking, Photography, Barman, Dj, Tango, Barman)
USD 690
 Intensive Short Course - 2 Weeks - (Cooking, Photography, Barman, Dj, Tango, Barman)
USD 490
 Internship/Volunteer Placement Fee
USD 590
Extras: Extend your program for a few weeks!
 1 Extra Week of Accommodation in 1st Class Shared Apartment
USD 160
 1 Extra Month of Accommodation in 1st Class Shared Apartment
USD 590
Optional Activities (the following activities are not included in the program fee):
 Buenos Aires Bike Tour
 Estancia Day
 Boca Juniors & River Plate Stadium
 Feria de Mataderos Tour
 Temaiken Zoo
 Buenos Aires Tango Show
 Colonia Day
 Argentina Futbol Experience (Live Game)"

Attachments

• Shared1.jpg
    Shared1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 16
  • shared2.jpg
    shared2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 11
  • shared5.jpg
    shared5.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 14
  • shared7.jpg
    shared7.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 12
  • shared8.jpg
    shared8.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 9
You do realize that if we help you this much, then you have to host an expat party in your apartment and provide endless Fernet y Coca comun y Coca-light, don't you?

PS- Your course sounds ridiculously awesome. There might be some people on here who sign up for it. I would recommend not even thinking about doing it yourself. Just go with the package. You might save a little bit of money by doing stuff on your own, but you're going to lose about 10% of your time here (or more) just trying to arrange everything.

Also, those photos look MUCH nicer than most people's apartments. ESPECIALLY if you try to find something on your own for such a short amount of time. Just take it and don't look back.

You do realize that if we help you this much, then you have to host an expat party in your apartment and provide endless Fernet y Coca comun y Coca-light, don't you?/QUOTE]
I really do appreciate all of this help! And when I get there I'll do my best to throw some kind of get together party, I'm always down to have a good time.

Darnol, I tried to send you a PM but you have them disabled. I work in the industry and thought you might like a couple tips and a couple things to check out about your program before you make the commitment. PM me if you´d like some insider tips :)

Saludos!!

I think your package looks really good. It has some nice extras and looks very complete to me. My only concern would be that the apartment pictures are real. It would be good if you can try to get in touch with somebody that has already taken the program. I don´t think that without knowing the country and customs and with no Spanish you would be able to save much on all the things it includes to be honest. Go for it!

Darnol91 said:
I was bending over to a girl that was shorter than me to take the picture.

Be careful who is in the room when you are bending over! LOL ;)

Back