UBER

I think you misunderstand, or maybe I do. Uber itself is as easy to use here as anywhere else, you just pay cash instead of pay by card. The system is still the same, fares are still pre-agreed etc.

Trying to pay by card or going to the airport seem to be issues that limit the service here. .

I understood that it's a mess. They may accept you; they may not. You have to carry around a lot of cash. Something that works well in other countries is a disaster here. Not worth it. Argentina can just stay in the Stone Age.

I understood that it's a mess. They may accept you; they may not. You have to carry around a lot of cash. Something that works well in other countries is a disaster here. Not worth it. Argentina can just stay in the Stone Age.
Fair enough, what will you do instead, remis and taxis? I use both too, but they are hardly thriving models of modern living either.

It's one of the problems Uber has brought to many markets where it operated illegally, such as in Canada. Uber does have insurance coverage, but from what I remember (it's been a while since I checked), it is very limited. I guess the driver would be on the hook to pay from his own pocket but can't understand how that would be possible under some loss scenarios.
Thanks.
It's as I suspected but I didn't actually know. I can't see someone with a million dollars-worth of injury claims getting very far with an individual who, from what we are reading here, spends their time trying to dodge paying the 10% commission that they owe.

Has anyone called an Uber from Ezeiza for transport into Capital?

If it's cheaper than a taxi, I'd like to try it.

Has anyone called an Uber from Ezeiza for transport into Capital?

If it's cheaper than a taxi, I'd like to try it.

I've done it twice, last time just two weeks ago. Never had any problems, and both times I used the credit card option (never used the cash option in CABA or anywhere else). The meet-up point is at the parking lot. Exit the terminal, cross the roads and pass the pick-up/drop-off area with all the taxis and keep going forward. It'll show you the pick-up area in the app.

I take Uber to and from the airport every month. I always choose the cash option and inform the driver I will pay in cash. There are drivers who will accept card but not all of them will. It has always been significantly cheaper than a taxi.

We were in BA (Palermo) last weekend and gf called an UBER twice. The first driver asked her to sit in the front seat and pay cash to him. She said no and he replied that he didn't have enough gas to get to her destination (10km) without cash. She canceled the ride. She called another UBER and this driver did the same thing. She canceled that ride also but UBER still charged her account for the pickup.

She just ended up using the Radio Taxi app and called a cab that way.

It would make sense that not even UBER in Argentina is simple.

I take Uber to and from the airport every month. I always choose the cash option and inform the driver I will pay in cash. There are drivers who will accept card but not all of them will. It has always been significantly cheaper than a taxi.
Who pays the peajes?

Always make the driver cancel if they can't do the ride for some reason. If they refuse, use someone else's phone to order a different Uber. Also use the Uber app to report them for that. Eventually Uber will block them and the problem will go away. It's a lot better than it was before, at least for me.

Who pays the peajes?
Them, it's included in the price. They (should) know this but many will try to play stupid. I just play more stupid and don't say anything as we approach the tolls. I have not checked in a while, but somewhere in the infromation on the price of the journey it says the tolls are included.

Redarding the other points. Sitting in the front is a pain in the ass, but they do it so you don't look like you're in an Uber. I would prefer the back but it is what it is.

And yes, always make them cancel a trip they do not want to do. I think if the passenger cancels a ride, their next trip will cost more (it was 30 pesos but not sure now).

Most Uber drivers want nothing to do with being paid in any way other than cash. If you don't have cash to pay I wouldn't even bother with the Uber app and just get a taxi.

Back