UK riots

Cabrera and Amargo should get married and move to Tottenham.
They'd certainly find a warm welcome there.

Gringoboy said:
Cabrera and Amargo should get married and move to Tottenham.
They'd certainly find a warm welcome there.

You believe you understand Argentinian society Gringo but all of us do not like you or your military government. You tried to defeat us in Buenos Aires and were defeated and in the Malvinas war Thatcher had plans to bomb Buenos Aires to the stone age for some isolated islands in the Atlantic.

Now Karma is attacking you what a bitch.....

cabrera said:

WTF?

The rioters in the streets of London are Buddhist?

No wonder you're so zenophobic.:p

CarverFan said:
I've worked in a couple of the affected areas and they don't know the meaning of the word poverty compared to the way many people live here. They feel deprived of their bling and expect all of everything that the celeb culture has made them feel they deserve...

Where did you work, Carverfan?

I blame the parents of those doing the looting, as well as the looters themselves...not an economic system.
I can't blame their parents, as they are probably exactly the same without the stamina to do what their children do. It is our society the one responsible for not being able to offer everyone the same opportunities, for producing bored and frustrated young people. Not only in the UK, but also in the USA (remember LA some years ago), France (the riots in Paris), Germany (every year in May in Berlin).

cabrera said:
You believe you understand Argentinian society Gringo but all of us do not like you or your military government. You tried to defeat us in Buenos Aires and were defeated and in the Malvinas war Thatcher had plans to bomb Buenos Aires to the stone age for some isolated islands in the Atlantic.

I do concede that Beresford had a bit of a rough time in BA and maybe should have taken a few more men with him. But good on Liniers!
More troll feeding here: Many Argentines like me, surprising as it may seem but they've never heard of our 'military govt'. Could you enlighten me?
Thatcher had balls and a very nice line in handbags.
Have I mentioned Galtieri yet?
Your invite to Tottenham remains open.

I haven't read all the replies although tend to agree with one comment I read about the kids there knowing nothing about what poverty and going without really means. (I have also lived, and visited many times, almost all the places I have read about there being problems in the UK, mostly the London areas).

I think these problems are partly the fruit of a society that refuses to administer (in fact bans it) any type of discipline of children so they can learn a bit of respect for others (amongst other things). And I am not talking about spankings (necessarily) but even just requiring kids to exercise a bit of self-restraint or they lose any privileges. What do you expect of a bunch of kids who are never taught how to behave?

Back