Unlocking an Andriod

what are you trying to do, unlock it so you can use any sim card you want? well if you are trying to unlock it to use any sim card you want then i would use gsmliberty.com. they will probably take longer then what they say to deliver the code, but i got the code both times i used them within 24 hrs and they worked perfectly, and they were the cheapest place i found online.

It's questions written like this which makes me think you should buy an iPhone Quirky.

Androids are for big boys who use details when asking for assistance.

Dmiller said:
what are you trying to do, unlock it so you can use any sim card you want? well if you are trying to unlock it to use any sim card you want then i would use gsmliberty.com. they will probably take longer then what they say to deliver the code, but i got the code both times i used them within 24 hrs and they worked perfectly, and they were the cheapest place i found online.

thanks! I'll check it out-

scottlyon said:
It's questions written like this which makes me think you should buy an iPhone Quirky.

Androids are for big boys who use details when asking for assistance.

ouch -

I had it checked before I came here and was given false information- just wanted to keep the question simple - no need to assume I'm not equipped to be with the big boys

Hey, it's good to hear that somebody else has an android on this forum! Anyways, most android phones can be rooted and then unlocked, and depending on the phone, you could find tools that do this for you automatically.

The holy grail of Android unlocking and customizing is a site that is called XDA developers, in that site you should navigate to their forum and either look at the thread that deals with your phone or do a quick search on unlocking your model.

The instructions on some Androids could be a bit intimidating if you are a newbie, so I would suggest to do a quick Youtube search, before you embark on anything recommended by somebody at the XDA forums.

You should be very mindful of the frequency the phone worked in the US if you plan to use a data plan with an Argie carrier. I wrote a post on my experience activating my phone in Argentina about a month ago, that could be of some help. So far the experience has been quite mixed with my carrier, some days the phone works well, some others...well lets just say I plan to update my original post when I get a chance.

I hope this helps and if you need further help, just post your question on the thread and I will answer as soon as I get a chance :)

Back