Unlocking an iPhone

I have just got a new iphone4 from the states with 4.1 software on it and I was told this cant be cracked just yet? Is that true?

Not true. Refer to the prior posts in this thread to find the links with all the info you need.. or, simply hire me to unlock it for you! :D

edit: I've been asked to add my contact info for follow-up:
email: [email protected]
mobile: (15) 3948-3398

It has cydia on it already so it is jailbroken, no? The problem is that it is locked to AT&T, seller on ebay sold it to me as unlocked but he obviously didnt have a clue! If I jailbreak it with this site that doesnt

that doesnt unlock the phone I believe which is my main objective cause when I use my Argentine SIM it doesnt register at all. Any help you could provide I am more than happy to cantract your services :) I have this new iphone crying to be used before Santa gets here :)

Sorry for the typing (typing from iPhone):
to activate it, the carrier company might need your imei , just a hint (unsure)

Sorry, just catching up with this thread.

niceguypaddy - If Cydia is on the phone, then it is jailbroken, but possibly not unlocked. But you're just one step away (providing your modem firmware is unlockable. Might need to update that). Open Cydia, allow it to do whatever updates it needs to, then search for "ultrasn0w". You may need to add the repository before you will see it.

Complete instructions are here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253&laid=

Good luck!

Back