Unregistered SUBE cards face higher transportation costs

I saved the SUBE brochure I received when I got my first card on January 31, 2012, when they were free. I registered online in May 2015 to check the balance. I can still read the numbers on the card because I bought plastic card holders for my SUBE, as well as DNI, and debit card.

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
19 January 2024
Starting February 1, there will be a 250% increase in public transport fares. As well as a differential rate for those who do not have the SUBE registered in their name....

....Alternative ways to register the card, call 0800-777-SUBE (7823) option 3 or in person at any of the SUBE service centers:

FYI: You may register the card in person using a foreign passport but can only be done at any of the SUBE service centers.

Last edited:
Where might I find one of these SUBE service centers? Thanks!

Where might I find one of these SUBE service centers? Thanks!
I listed the website with the entire list this morning at 5:45am on my posting (#12) .
This afternoon that website is "temporarily down due to maintenance"

This is a partial list, which includes the location** provided by pixer12:
SUBE service centers in CABA:
• Vicente López 2050 3° piso, Recoleta
• Patricias Argentinas 277, Caballito
• Hall Central Estación Mitre, Retiro**
• Brasil 1128 (Subsuelo), Constitución

I listed the website with the entire list this morning at 5:45am on my posting (#12) .
This afternoon that website is "temporarily down due to maintenance"

This is a partial list, which includes the location** provided by pixer12:
SUBE service Centers in CABA:
• Vicente López 2050 3° piso, Recoleta
• Patricias Argentinas 277, Caballito
• Hall Central Estación Mitre, Retiro**
• Brasil 1128 (Subsuelo), Constitución
Thanks Gracielle! I missed the earlier list!

FYI, the Vicente Lopez address is the Recoleta Mall, on the 4th floor rather than the 3rd. I was told to come back next week.:)

FYI, the Vicente Lopez address is the Recoleta Mall, on the 4th floor rather than the 3rd. I was told to come back next week.:)
I tried going to that one 2x. It's like a little table near an escalator and it was empty both times I went even though I had come during their normal posted operating hours. To anyone reading this, I'd go to the one in Retiro as it's like a whole little office unto itself.

I tried going to that one 2x. It's like a little table near an escalator and it was empty both times I went even though I had come during their normal posted operating hours. To anyone reading this, I'd go to the one in Retiro as it's like a whole little office unto itself.
Thanks! Did you get business done at the Retiro office?

Back