Unregistered SUBE cards face higher transportation costs

I never miss the opportunity to NOT register given the chance even if it is more expensive, as i value my privacy above all.
I'm usually the same, but for some unknown reason, I had to have that extra 2.5 cent discount. I wish I could explain it. The closest I can come to understanding it in my twisted mind is that it's like that mindless wave joy that used to come over me when I was young and I'd find a dime on the ground.

You all register, and then swap the cards between each other (best to make sorteo in some bar). Then the government won't be only in the dark about your whereabouts, it'll be straight out deceived! Just an idea...

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
8 February 2024

SUBE card: what is the new negative balance after the increase in fares. The card offers the possibility of traveling by public transport even if the balance has been exhausted. Since this Tuesday, February 6, the increase of approximately 250% in bus and train fares in the Buenos Aires Metropolitan Area (AMBA) is in effect. The negative balance, which was $307.68, rose to $1,080, the equivalent of four minimum tickets....

I have gone to the Subte online site several times to register my card with my DNI. Each time i get a response that the site is temporarily not working. Now what?

I have gone to the Subte online site several times to register my card with my DNI. Each time i get a response that the site is temporarily not working. Now what?
According to news reports "the online site collapses daily after 50,000 entries".

In person: Mon-Fri 8:00am-3:00pm. "Persons start lining up at 4:00am" according to news reports.
• Hall Central Estación Mitre, Retiro
• Brasil 1128 (underground), Estacion Constitución
• Estacion Once, Ave. Pueyrredon & Bartolome Mitre

The registration deadline is Friday, March 29.

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
15 February 2024
How to register the SUBE through WhatsApp....

According to news reports "the online site collapses daily after 50,000 entries".

In person: Mon-Fri 8:00am-3:00pm. "Persons start lining up at 4:00am" according to news reports.
• Hall Central Estación Mitre, Retiro
• Brasil 1128 (underground), Estacion Constitución
• Estacion Once, Ave. Pueyrredon & Bartolome Mitre

The registration deadline is Friday, March 29.
At Estacion Once, the hours were extended to 5:00pm.

UPDATE:
16 February 2024
The Ministry of Transportation froze the negative balance of the SUBE card at $480 due to “technical problems" through resolution 12/2024 published today in the Official Gazette....According to Nación Servicios, the administrator and manager of the card, the plastic does
not have sufficient logical internal capacity to store a negative balance of $1080....The organization is currently carrying out the field replacement
of part of the secure access modules in the first generation cards and the reprogramming of the modules that do not need to be replaced in the second generation cards in order to extend the physical capacity of negative balance storage....

48 hours later the Sube top up at our station is still closed. Has anybody anywhere been able to top up over the past 48-72hrs?
It started as a trickle with just a few top-up locations coming back on line but now it appears to be possible to recharge Sube cards physically in person anywhere again.

Back