uruguay cheats to win

Choripán

Registered
Totally shameful outcome in the Ghana-Uruguay game. The ball was in the box, and Uruguay stooped to the indignity of using hands to avoid a loss. How undignified and unsportsmanlike can you get? Ghana deserved to win that game - indeed, Ghana *did* win the game. Apparently the only way Uruguay can advance in World Cup is playing a game other than futbol, one that involves hands. And where does the cheating end? Do you plan on pulling out revolvers when Holland kicks your ass next week?

Uruguay, instead of celebrating tonight you should hang your heads in national disgrace

Argentina scored a goal off sides in this world cup against Mexico. It was the first goal of the game and it changed the tide and the entire outcome. Argentina also won the world cup 20 years ago by cheating. Maradona used his hand to score the winning goal. He admitted to it years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-q_v_gGvY

That is just how this game is played. It's not a man's sport. Whoever cheats the best usually wins.

NYKate said:
Did you watch the game?

Not sure what you're getting at. Is your comment supposed to be some kind of lame attempt at ironic snark? In case you hadn're realized it, one of the core rules of FOOTball is that unless you are the goalie you can't use your hands. I guess that kind of subtly in naming a game is lost on you.

But since you asked about what happened: In the last seconds Ghana took a shot on goal that was blocked on the line by a Uruguayan player using his HANDS. He earned a red card for INTENTIONALLY CHEATING and was properly ejected from the game. But in this circumstance conventional punishment is not enough, since it amounted to stealing the entire game. Ghana missed the ensuing penalty kick and the game went to a shoot out to settle the false tie, which Ghana lost as well.

The penalty kick never should have happened, the shoot out never should have happened. Uruguay cheated to get to that point. Because of a loophole in FIFA rules they were allowed to move forward and "win" unjustly. Compare this to the NBA where goal-tending, a similar foul, results in a point scored for the team suffering the offense, even though the ball never went in the hoop.

Either way, only LOSERS win like that, and that's just what Uruguay is at this point - despite their graduation to the semi-finals. Uruguay's team is a shameful joke that is unable to win by playing the game of FOOTball.

Beg to differ with your argument. Much as I agree that it was a penalty, it was maybe "unlucky" (terrible word, just can't think of what I am thinking) for Ghana that Suarez handled it on the line - He was caught, and within the rules of the game, the correct decision was made. Suarez was sent off, a penalty awarded....

That the Ghanian missed the penalty was unfortunate, but that is football. The penalty shoot out itself was dramatic, and the winning penalty by Abreu was so cool.......

Much as I wanted Uruguay to win, I do feel sorry for Ghana, but I ask anyone to be honest, and say that if their team was in the last seconds of a game, and a player from their team did the same thing, they would not support the player that did it.

Before anyone jumps on me, given my comments about Henry and his handball that robbed Ireland of a place in the World Cup - He got away with his injustice, was not punished, France scored as a result of his cheating and went through - Different circumstances.....

Uruguay have played some decent football in this World Cup to date, and they are in the semi-finals... You can't criticise the whole teams performance, based on one mans "save".....

And Basketball has enough Personal Fouls and Players ejected - deliberate fouls to stop play....

No snarkyness here so no need to take offense. My husband was watching the game and described something a bit different - involving a red card? I will look it up on ESPN.

Why does any of this really matter whatsoever? There are a billion-and-one other things that would get my panties in a twist. But a soccer game? Geesh. :confused:

Bradley :(....... You are in Argentina, and you have no idea why football matters???? How long have you lived here????? :)

The great Bill Shankly once said.. "Some say that Football is a matter of Life and Death, They are wrong... It's far more important than that."..... It's a culture thing... I'm guessing Brad, that you might be from North America... ;)

So you've seen basketball players use their feet to score baskets or block shots ? Don't think so.

Getting physical is part of any sport but these SOCCER players are on another level as far as cheating and then lying their asses off about it.

Liam3494 said:
And Basketball has enough Personal Fouls and Players ejected - deliberate fouls to stop play....

lol.

truth.com

bradlyhale said:
Why does any of this really matter whatsoever? There are a billion-and-one other things that would get my panties in a twist. But a soccer game? Geesh. :confused:

Back