uruguay cheats to win

Come on Alex..... Watch NBA Games, I do!!! Deliberating fouling players in basketball is part of the game, to stop the clock... Is it not "Cheating"?.... It happens in EVERY Basketball game...

As for lying about it, I did not see Suarez lying, he was caught, sent off, no complaint about that. He did what he did, was correctly sent off....

Guys
Thanks to the hand of the frog (Thierry henry) Ireland didn´t qualify for the world cup so please allow us Irish to feel more slighted than the Ghanians...

Fifs, we were cheated..... Nobody owned up, (till afterwards) - FIFA didn't give a crap as we are a small country, and they wanted France in the World Cup (God knows why!). Of course we are still slighted - Come on, we still blame the Brits for Cromwell, we have long memories..... ;)

Liam3494 said:
Bradley :(....... You are in Argentina, and you have no idea why football matters???? How long have you lived here????? :)

The great Bill Shankly once said.. "Some say that Football is a matter of Life and Death, They are wrong... It's far more important than that."..... It's a culture thing... I'm guessing Brad, that you might be from North America... ;)

I'm even more perplexed why it matters in Argentina. High unemployment, low wages, tons of crime, malnourished children, poor public education, etc. I'm not railing on Argentina necessarily, but let's be honest: Argentina is a social nightmare. The fact that the Argentine government spent $104,000,000 USD to broadcast soccer games, while retired folks receive an average of $864.00 (or so) ARG per month to survive is beyond my comprehension. That 104mil could have been used to give about 30,000 people what they need to live for an entire year, which is about 2,000something ARG. Ah, but football is cultural, so who cares?

This has nothing to with my country of origin. I don't have a problem with soccer or people who like it. It's a nice diversion. I get that. However, the massive attention that it receives is troubling. I bet there were more people who knew what was going on with the World Cup last week than people who knew what was going on in Toronto, Canada at the same time. Is that acceptable? Should we just write that off as OK because it's "cultural?"

IMO, Ghana did not deserve to win the game, the missed 3 of 5 penalty shots.

What Suarez did, any defender would have done.

Brad - I am heading for a beer now, but will respond in full in due course....

Vamos Argentina tomorrow :)

bradlyhale said:
I'm even more perplexed why it matters in Argentina. High unemployment, low wages, tons of crime, malnourished children, poor public education, etc. I'm not railing on Argentina necessarily, but let's be honest: Argentina is a social nightmare. The fact that the Argentine government spent $104,000,000 USD to broadcast soccer games, while retired folks receive an average of $864.00 (or so) ARG per month to survive is beyond my comprehension. That 104mil could have been used to give about 30,000 people what they need to live for an entire year, which is about 2,000something ARG. Ah, but football is cultural, so who cares?

This has nothing to with my country of origin. I don't have a problem with soccer or people who like it. It's a nice diversion. I get that. However, the massive attention that it receives is troubling. I bet there were more people who knew what was going on with the World Cup last week than people who knew what was going on in Toronto, Canada at the same time. Is that acceptable? Should we just write that off as OK because it's "cultural?"

This to me is a ironic post given that you are a USA citizen and your government spends trillions of trillions of dollars on a war machine that could so much be better spent to help the 40 million poor of the USA and the millions of homeless blighting American cities.

Come on lighten up soccer is passion is its purest form and I believe that Argentina and South Americans are right to support such a uplifting healthy sport .

If more nations spent their energies on healthy sports instead of on wars and the glorification of war our societies will be much better off .

pericles said:
This to me is a ironic post given that you are a USA citizen and your government spends trillions of trillions of dollars on a war machine that could so much be better spent to help the 40 million poor of the USA and the millions of homeless blighting American cities.

Not to mention the billions spent bailing out those banks "too big to fail", instead of just giving people the money to pay their mortgages.

I have never seen a basketball team win a championship on the strength of one player cheating and then lying about it.

Argentina won the 86 world cup on the strength of maradona cheating and then lying his ass off about it. Thats a total joke.

It's all good though. It's really not that important. While you are watching an intense game of hacky sack tomorrow I'll be watching real combat sports where cheating doesn't exist and the better man always wins.

Liam3494 said:
Come on Alex..... Watch NBA Games, I do!!! Deliberating fouling players in basketball is part of the game, to stop the clock... Is it not "Cheating"?.... It happens in EVERY Basketball game...

As for lying about it, I did not see Suarez lying, he was caught, sent off, no complaint about that. He did what he did, was correctly sent off....

Back