uruguay cheats to win

USA believe in guns and war glorification...ah! also in money, in God we trust, aka....money.[/quote]
I thought we were talking about soccer. What a dumbass comment!

dennisr said:
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." HT

ghost said:
USA believe in guns and war glorification...ah! also in money, in God we trust, aka....money.
I thought we were talking about soccer. What a dumbass comment![/QUOTE]

Get used to it. There's lots of that around here and it frequently drives away good posters.

mendozanow said:
3 STARS...Uruguay before Argentina?;)

Actually, Uruguay has 4 stars.

5163.jpg

I haven't taken the time to read through the 8 pages of comments but all I can say is that Uruguay won, period. ARRIBA LA CELESTE!

Anyone who said Uruguay cheated is full of it. It was not cheating, it was a deliberate foul, just like in any other sport. NBA - a person has a clear layup/dunk and gets fouled intentionally - does the whole world scream 'Cheater'? No, it's part of the game. NFL - pass interference on a would-be touchdown....not a cheater. It was a brilliant play that typically never pays off. Suarez committed the foul and was punished according to the rules. Time to move on people. This is good soccer.

Yes, mcaffa is right, it was a calculated foul that was "allowed" to stand because of the rules. If they want to change the rules to award the goal, then that should be done before the tournament.

They already changed the rules. Argentina did the same in '78 but Kempes stayed in the field. After '78 they started showing the red card for that kind of play.
Ghana fucked it up.

French jurist said:
Well, what are your predictions for the final ?

Tomorrow, I see Germany beating Argentina (if they play with 3 defenders : Jonas, Samuel are weak, Veron is quemado, Heinze goes up too much, etc...).
I see too Spain winning.

Semi finals :
- Netherlands beat Uruguay (that's easy)
- Spain beats Germany

Final : Netherlands beat Spain (because Spain has a long tradition of not delivering when it's supposed to do so)

I've predicted the last 6 wins (and won quite a few bets too :) ).

Final will be hot ! I still see NL winning, with maybe a fight after Van Bommel keeps doing ugly tricks.
Both teams will be looking for their first WC, game might bit a bit slow until the first goal... After that it might turn out to be a very nice game.

French jurist said:
I've predicted the last 6 wins (and won quite a few bets too :) ).

Final will be hot ! I still see NL winning, with maybe a fight after Van Bommel keeps doing ugly tricks.
Both teams will be looking for their first WC, game might bit a bit slow until the first goal... After that it might turn out to be a very nice game.

For the final, I'm betting on whoever that German octopus chooses.

ssr said:
For the final, I'm betting on whoever that German octopus chooses.

Paul is her/his name and it was right again today !
What will be his/her predictions ?!

The ref today was quite good, better than the Uzbek one from yesterday (how weird to choose an Uzbek ref ?).

Back