Us Debit And Credit Cards Not Allowed In The Mail?

nikad

Registered
Have any of you heard of any restrictions on sending debit and credit cards through Fedex into Argentina - the plastic cards I mean - recently? My MIL was about to send us a new debit card and was told this at Fedex. They even handled her a booklet with restricted items....

I've never heard this.... Seems odd because tourists bring in debit and credit cards everyday.

Have any of you heard of any restrictions on sending debit and credit cards through Fedex into Argentina - the plastic cards I mean - recently? My MIL was about to send us a new debit card and was told this at Fedex. They even handled her a booklet with restricted items....

We sent one to our nephew, who manages our Palermo apartment, with no difficulty whatsoever. I can't recall whether we did so by Fedex, though.

Our first week here Charles Schwab sent us debit cards directly from their office to our apartment via FedEx and we got them in 2 days without a problem. If a huge financial institution can do it, I don't see why your MIL can't.

We have received credit and debit cards for several years with no problems, apparently there is a restriction for the Fedex Priority service as of now, not the other services though :p

6 months ago I returned to BA from my home in NYC. I realized I had forgotten my Argentine credit cards in NYC. My neighbor Fedexed them to me. No problem but it sure wasn't cheap.

Such a relief to hear that they have not imposed any other ridiculous restrictions :p My MIL did freak me out though.

So far no problem for me but I never did it by Fedex. My son sends them to me regular mail. I always stress a bit until they get here but I never activate them until I have them in hand. But this is talking new, unactivated cards. I'd have to think over one that I just forgot that was activated. Like someone else said, if you have to use Fedex, don't tell them.

Back