US FBI background check

Sam Bartolo

Registered
Hello

I just returned from BA and love it!
We went to migrations and got the list of Documents I need.
The one confusing part is the FBI Background Check
He said its good for 90 days.
When does the 90 days start? Background check or Apostille?

The process here is now 90 days in itself. By the time I receive it, it will have been expired? I get two versions, it doesnt expire and it expires in 90 days

Has anyone been through this recently from the US.

Thanks in Advance

I believe it's 90 days from when they issue the background check, not from when you submit the request or when it gets apostilled. If you're worried about the timing on processing your request, though. I'm going through the residency application process now, and I believe we expedited the request and got it back in about two weeks.

Hello

Thanks for that.

Can you be more specific how you were able to do it all in two weeks?

Did you speak to someone at FBI

Did or are you doing in the US or Argentina?

Right now its 2 to 3 month for the Apostille the Background check is fast its the Apostille that takes time.

Thank you in Advance

Hello

I just returned from BA and love it!
We went to migrations and got the list of Documents I need.
The one confusing part is the FBI Background Check
He said its good for 90 days.
When does the 90 days start? Background check or Apostille?

The process here is now 90 days in itself. By the time I receive it, it will have been expired? I get two versions, it doesnt expire and it expires in 90 days

Has anyone been through this recently from the US.

Thanks in Advance
I had a local NY town police take fingerprints, and mailed off to FBI in July 2019. FBI emailed me confirmation of receipt, and less than 15 days later was emailed that the “Identity History Summary Request” was complete and available for download. I started the Renaper RNR residency process October 20th, which was almost 90 days since the FBI paperwork was complete. I do not recall knowing or being concerned about an expiration.

Yes the check is fast. That part is easy. It needs to be apostille and that takes the time.

maybe things changed since 2019?

Yes the check is fast. That part is easy. It needs to be apostille and that takes the time.

I do not recall. I feel like it was all done without concern. I did not use a 3rd party handler for anything. Only the “by mail” instructions at the fbi.gov site. I think the apostilled paper version arrived from dept of state in the us mail not long after the download was available. I returned to Argentina July 30th 2019 with all my paperwork.

I do not recall. I feel like it was all done without concern. I did not use a 3rd party handler for anything. Only the “by mail” instructions at the fbi.gov site. I think the apostilled paper version arrived from dept of state in the us mail not long after the download was available. I returned to Argentina July 30th 2019 with all my paperwork.

There is a good chance, now that I am reviewing my email and digitally stored documents, that I never apostilled the background check for my permanent resident application. Only had it translated in Argentina.

I did mine from Argentina, and they organized to have an apostille service do the expedited processing on that. I didn't speak to anyone at the FBI, there are just companies that will deal with your apostille processing and request the expediting.

I did mine from Argentina, and they organized to have an apostille service do the expedited processing on that. I didn't speak to anyone at the FBI, there are just companies that will deal with your apostille processing and request the expediting.
These were channelers that obtained the apostille by going in person to the DoS. It was issued on the spot. Since the pandemics, the DoS no longer offer walk-ins, so the only advantage of channelers is that they can received your PDF, print it and mail it to the DOS.
In some States, there are authorized channeler that can request the background check and the apostille at the same time, and they are still quicker than doing it separately (LiveScan). This is an option only if the individual is still in the US and can go in person to the channeler's office.

I had mine taken by the police in B.A. and a 3rd party handled it in the states. The FBI rejected the prints done in B.A.

Back