US Presidential & VP Debates

Anyone else see the resemblence with Alfred E. Newman?

Though I am not a Romney fan, I thought he "won" the debate. He spoke with confiidence, refuted some of Obama's interpretations of his proposed tax policy, made it clear that the Obama model is not working and came across as Presidntial. If you hate Romney I would suggest that you never underestimate your enemies. How did most Americans view the debates? Given Romney's strong performance, are they willing to stick with the status quo which is pretty bad in terms of economics? I had assumed that this would be an Obama victory but now i am not sure. The next two debates will be critical and you can be sure that Obama's handlers are running scared.

sergio said:
Though I am not a Romney fan, I thought he "won" the debate. He spoke with confiidence, refuted some of Obama's interpretations of his proposed tax policy, made it clear that the Obama model is not working and came across as Presidntial. If you hate Romney I would suggest that you never underestimate your enemies. How did most Americans view the debates? Given Romney's strong performance, are they willing to stick with the status quo which is pretty bad in terms of economics? I had assumed that this would be an Obama victory but now i am not sure. The next two debates will be critical and you can be sure that Obama's handlers are running scared.

Romney won the debate and it wasn't close. How will that affect the polls and more importantly the election, hard to say but it should bolster his campaign. Probably more people will take a look and considr Romney than were before the debates.

James Carville said that Romney took a chainsaw to Obama and tore him to pieces.

A CNN poll of mostly Democrats said by a margin of 67% to 25 % that Romney won the debate.

Watching ABC news this morning... what they saw was an Obama that was tired from doing such a great job, who was more sincere, yada yada yada.
No credit for Romney's focusing on Obama's actual accomplishments, Romneys plans, command of the facts or looking more presidential.

Obama was slow and confused at times. He looked and sound exhausted. And he never rebutted Romney's claims (i.e. the $716 bn from medicare, etc).

This was a clear win for Romney. Obama better step up his game next debate if he expects to keep his lead. These kind of debate performances are how you lose last minute.

camberiu said:
Great video showing the actual differences between the two candidates.

http://youtu.be/IWDJEc92d38

The difference is that one candidate has repeatedly and consistently achieved his goals. The other was busy with Oprah and Jay Z.

I don't get it. 23million unemployed, Iran almost has nukes. If this isnt the time for a change when will it be?

jeff1234 said:
I don't get it. 23million unemployed, Iran almost has nukes. If this isnt the time for a change when will it be?

Problems that occurred under both Republican and Democratic administrations. What do you want? More of the same?

And as far as Iran, when was the last time they started a war? More than a hundred years ago? The U.S. can't even go a decade without starting a war. Who is more dangerous?

jeff1234 said:
Anyone else see the resemblance with Alfred E. Newman?
haha yes I did. Thanks for the chuckle.

jeff1234 said:
The difference is that one candidate has repeatedly and consistently achieved his goals. The other was busy with Oprah and Jay Z.
I am not a fan either one of these guys.

But I think your observation goes to the essence of the debate.

Romney has proven he can deploy private capital to make more capital which is capitalism and creates job. Period. Romney has also shown he can use government money, such as when he was Governor and director of Olympics , and deploy it like an adult which means with oversight, responsibility, and accountability.

Obama's entire adult life he has invested his efforts in taking we the people's money to push it toward segments he deems worthy without need for profit or accountability.

There is no question one clearly has achieved some pretty ambitious goals despite the government while the other has used the government his entire adult life to further he and his crony's own ends... from the Chicago swamp to well the zinger of the night.... Solandra....

$90 billion spent by the Obama administration on what his government "experts" or "czars" considered to be worthy clean energy investments.

Who needs VCs or any private sector for that matter when we the people have "experts" in our government to make investing decisions for we the people.

Romney's answer that that same government money Obama allocated to his friends to lose on green energy could have gone to teachers was priceless - Obama had no comeback. Because there is no comeback. No accountability. No one responsible... just nothing from Obama.

Fact is government is too big. Too much war. Too much corruption. And making government bigger is simply not the answer. Having government involved in investment decisions only distorts free markets and stifles innovation.

In this case Obama versus Romney I'll bet on Romney to make the world a better place than Obama and his Chicago sleazebag cronies who I can see will make a world better for them and those they believe deserve some handouts.

And if we get Obama, well I hope his health care investment board he referred to so loftily makes better investment decisions than his energy board did ... otherwise we are all really screwed.

Back