Us Tourist Robbed

Same thing with the guy who was beaten in palermo for stealing a purse.

This is why they're 'lynching' these criminals because if the police take them in then NOTHING HAPPENS, and if the criminals know that nothings going to happen, why not keep doing it?

So a felony justifies another felony?

No, but absent the government doing anything about it, what do you propose?

I watched a group of teenagers one day, caught for robbing people on the streets, chased down by the police and brought together right under my balcony to await "Argentine justice." A couple of guns and a number of knives confiscated, along with a number of phones (separate from the phones each had by their person while they waited) and bags of cash. They were there with their hands cuffed and sitting against our building for about three hours. I thought they were waiting for a paddy wagon to take them off to jail but no, they were waiting for their parents to come pick them up.

I don't blame people one freaking bit for laying into these punks that rob and assault without even giving a rat's ass what they're doing.

Of course, it would be much better if a legal system were present to take care of that, but life is reality, not fantasy.

So a felony justifies another felony?

No, it doesn't. But the police aren't going to do anything about it and as long as criminals and petty thieves know that there are no consequences for the actions: albeit from the police, judge, or fellow Argentines, they will keep robbing and stealing.

No, but if everyone else gets to rape and pillage without consequences, I want to join the party!
I kind of doubt expats are invited to this party. Would be interesting to know though. Keep us posted how that turns out ok?

Back