Usama's Funeral Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
perry said:
We need more proof as required by the most basic courts of law!

What proof would convince you?

Seriously, there's no proof in the world that is going to convince the doubters. Photos can be faked. DNA evidence can be faked. An IMAX spectacular featuring a thousand different camera angles, and "bullet time" photography showing his head exploding in 3D could all be staged and manipulated using CGI. I doubt his decomposing head stuck on a pike outside the whitehouse would be enough.

Also find the double standards used by the doubting brigade a little strange. After all, you only know the man exists because you were told he exists, by the same sources that are now telling you he no longer exists. So if you are going to doubt his assassination, you might as well logically extend backwards, and doubt the existence of Osama himself (its all an elaborate psy-op!), the existence of Al-Q as a terrorist organisation (its an even bigger psy-op!), together with a litany of potentially bigger porkies. If you've never personally been to afghanistan, you should probably question whether that exists as well. It could all be a conspiracy - a collusion between world powers and leagues of sinister, mendacious cartographers.

jp said:
What proof would convince you?

I am quite skeptical in general. I think that some proof would be better than none. It's true that a photo or video (which could be faked, which has been the case before), would might not do it for me. But in this case we have ZERO evidence. Zero proof has about zero odds of convincing me. Especially in a case like this where Obama stands so much to gain in terms of increased popularity.

jp said:
the existence of Al-Q as a terrorist organisation ]

What proof is there that this organization actually exists? Who are it's leaders? Again, all we have is the U.S government claim that it exists and that they have killed several of their leaders (some of them several times). And above all, what evidence is there that this alleged terrorist organization had anything to do with 9/11?

tanvimil said:
What proof is there that this organization actually exists?

What proof is there that Belgium exists? I've never been, and have no reason to trust anyone who claims to have visited belgium, let alone hail from this fictitious european nation.

The TRUTH About "Belgium"

jp said:
What proof is there that Belgium exists? I've never been, and have no reason to trust anyone who claims to have visited belgium, let alone hail from this fictitious european nation.

The TRUTH About "Belgium"

That's absurd. But to answer your question, there is plenty of evidence that Belgium exists. For one, it's been officially recognized as a country by every single U.N member state.

From Wikipedia:

Many terrorism experts do not believe that the global jihadist movement is driven at every level by bin Laden and his followers. Although bin Laden still had huge ideological sway over some Muslim extremists, experts argue that al-Qaeda has fragmented over the years into a variety of disconnected regional movements that have little connection with each other.

So in other words, it's not so much of an organization at all.

Marc Sageman, a psychiatrist and former CIA officer, said that Al-Qaeda would now just be a "loose label for a movement that seems to target the West". "There is no umbrella organisation. We like to create a mythical entity called [al-Qaeda] in our minds, but that is not the reality we are dealing with."

A 'loose label' of a mythical entity. Now that sounds more like the picture I got from the media.

So who exactly of these loosely affiliated terrorists has the right to represent Al-Qaida and claim that Bin Laden is dead or not?

Also, if Bin Laden already was dead. It's plausible that these loosely affiliated terrorists would keep their mouth shut about it. Because I think they rather further the myth that he was still alive than to admit that he died in a cave somewhere due to kidney failure. And now when Obama claims to have killed him in a Navy Seals raid, he has truly become a martyr.

I recommend you to watch BBC's documentary The Power of Nightmares by Adam Curtis. It explains the whole history of "Al-Qaida", and it's ties with the neo-cons (why and how they created it).

There is more to intake for both Parties: Those that want to celebrate his death and those with the more idealist thoughts.

Time is the matter because if this would have happened in weeks or a few months proceeding 9/11 and you were from the US you both might see a lot more eye to eye.

Stella said:
The world should feel relief at his demise.

Perhaps if 3000 innocent Argentineans had been murdered, the reaction would be different upon the news of this Hitler-like monster's death.

Oh dear. What kind of news/history reports have you been listening to, if you could compare OBL with Hitler? Do you know how many deaths Hitler was responsible for? When you look at actual deaths to civilians, the U.S. Government, along with it's willing friends, would be a far closer comparison to Hitler than OBL.

A bit of an aside, an interesting site to check out: http://costofwar.com/en/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 26
A Expat Life 2
Back