Vacations in Argentina, Anytime Soon??

Jose Negro

Registered
I booked an AIRBNB for 2 months for 2020 in Buenos Aires, and of course I could not come. I moved the reservation to this year, Nov and Dec. We have had our COVID Vaccines. What are the chances we'll be seeing anyone in Buenos Aires later this year????

very slim IMO... Delta variant blallalaa - this shit looks like it will be around for a long time

Even if it was possible: There is a risk of not getting back home with your planned flight. The government here approves flights (or not) as they like.

I booked an AIRBNB for 2 months for 2020 in Buenos Aires, and of course I could not come. I moved the reservation to this year, Nov and Dec. We have had our COVID Vaccines. What are the chances we'll be seeing anyone in Buenos Aires later this year????
I would say you're ok. The main preoccupation here right now is not to let in the delta variant, and gain time to vaccinate more people. Time to herd (https://timetoherd.com/) indicates 108 days to go to have herd immunity in Argentina. The vaccination campaign here is not going badly.

Of course, planning anything in a pandemic is like flipping a coin, and as you can see, there is a lot of negative opinion on the forum. My concern with your plan would be that November can be quite chilly here, I would prefer Dec/Jan or Jan/Feb for holidaying here.

Zero. I don't see Argentina reopening until early 2022 for non-regional tourists. If you can change your reservation for Feb/March 2022, I'd do that.

Back