Vamos Running Club

pez

Registered
Runners of all nationalities and abilities are welcome to join the socail runs with Vamos Running Club.

Days - Tuesday and Thursday
Time - 8am
Meet - Plaza Italia (inside the subway station at the exit/entrance under the plazita near the wall mural of San Igancio Mision)
Where we run - Through the Parks of Palermos. Routes vary from 5 - 8km. End point is a subte station (either Ollersos or Juramento depending on the route)

Day - Saturday
Time - 9am
Meet - At the bike racks of the south entrance to Ecological Park at Costanera Sur
Where we run - 8 - 16km. either one or two loops of the park.

For more information
[email protected]

I am always at these locations at these times, sometimes with company and sometimes with out.

will be there as of next week! need to get into the swing of things the next couple of days but will let you know via PM if i plan to turn up. look forward to it and thanks for organising. RESULT.

I will come on thursday morning. I'll be the one in the least fashionable black tracksuit bottoms you'll ever see. :)

ooooh I would , I love to run with peeps, but I'm afraid I'm REALLY more of an evening runner. Like at that hour, I'm a bit homicidal.

esllou - great. see you at 8am
unstuck - as long as you dont bring a knife you could try the mornings!??!

pez said:
esllou - great. see you at 8am
unstuck - as long as you dont bring a knife you could try the mornings!??!

Who would rob a jogger? I run at evenings sometimes and there are plenty of other people who do it as well. Never seen anyone get robbed.

orwellian said:
Who would rob a jogger? I run at evenings sometimes and there are plenty of other people who do it as well. Never seen anyone get robbed.

Actually, it does happen. A pal of mine from Ireland, a guy who was actually an International Class athlete, was out for a run in Bolton, England, (wrongly reproted originally as being in Liverpool) and was robbed in the park where he was running.... He was also stabbed in the robbery...... And as I say, the guy was a top class athlete, and he couldn't "run away"

On the plus side, it happens VERY infrequently, but that doesn't mean you should drop your guard. As many run with Garmin GPS's, expensive shoes etc, an oportune thief just might have a go..... Running in a group is a great idea, as well as being fun too.

Liam3494 said:
Actually, it does happen. A pal of mine from Ireland, a guy who was actually an International Class athlete, was out for a run in Bolton, England, (wrongly reproted originally as being in Liverpool) and was robbed in the park where he was running.... He was also stabbed in the robbery...... And as I say, the guy was a top class athlete, and he couldn't "run away"

On the plus side, it happens VERY infrequently, but that doesn't mean you should drop your guard. As many run with Garmin GPS's, expensive shoes etc, an oportune thief just might have a go..... Running in a group is a great idea, as well as being fun too.

Ok thanks, good to know.

Back