Venetian Style Gondolas Come To Puerto Madero

D.B. Cooper

Registered
Venetian style Gondolas come to Puerto Madero, Does anybody know how much they charge ???

http://hd.clarin.com/post/117805999174/gondolas-portenas-turistas-brasilenos-disfrutan

Imagine this photo (from the Clarin article) on the cover of a travel brouchere:

BUENOS AIRES: THE VENICE OF SOUTH AMERICA!

(Doesn't it look like the two gondolas are on a collision course?)

tumblr_nnn671bdha1rf9hn3o1_1280.jpg

It's part to the special Argie twist on the subject called Bumper Gondolas. You get to swim back.

I used to go rowing every day down there. I would NOT want to fall into that water. Dead fish floating belly up, trash and unseen from above, millions and millions of used condoms. Did you know that if you throw a condom in a body of water that has even the slightest current it will stretch out to its full length and float down stream like disgusting latex torpedoes?

That water is the stuff of nightmares. When I would catch a crab my heart would stop for a second as I imagined what kind of mutated monsters lurked below the surface.

At Peru Beach you can actually see turds floating by.

Not that the canals of Venice are all that clean, nor that they smell all that good during certain times of the year...but that's Venice, amongst the canals that are bordered by beautiful scenery, some of which date back around 800 years or so, amongst a history that reaches back to the Roman Empire. Not to mention passing under such places as the Bridge of Sighs and other sites that contain significant meaning as well...

Seems just plain silly to take a piece of Italian heritage so far here. I mean even though the Ks have had some conspicuous spending and maybe even hoarding, it doesn't even come close to the Doges' (and other families of the old Venice trading empire) levels of consumption and waste and disregard for lower the classes.

:D

Back