Vice Presidential Debate

Harris is terrible. Let's not forget her shining moment during the primaries was accusing Joe Biden of being a racist. No wonder her presidential candidacy never went anywhere.

She allowed herself to be backed into a corner by Pence on multiple occasions (and Pence is certainly NO all-star).

Her response to the question on packing the court was embarrassing. She responded with some inane story about Abraham Lincoln. And when Pence called her out, she defaulted to playing the race card. It was a bad look.

Same goes for her responses on repealing tax cuts and banning fracking. All terrible — and not because Pence is some genius.

However, it's not entirely Harris' fault.

Yes, she's a terrible debater. But the democrats are going through a serious identity crisis. They need the Bernie Bros vote, but they also need the moderate boomer liberal and blue-collar worker vote. They can't seem to pick a side. At the moment, the democratic party appears to be pro-fracking, anti-Green New Deal, and for lower taxes.

That said, it's a vice-presidential debate. I doubt this will move the needle for either party.

How many of you commenting are women and think Pence was better? They are at least half the vote for the election! How many of you are of color? I think the US electorate Is more diverse and see the USA differently than a group of white guys!
Not many women nor people of color voted for her in the primaries. Two white guys got most of the vote. Not everything is about skin color or what's dangling (or not dangling) between your legs. It's also entirely to possible to be pro-Harris and still think she did a poor job.

Kamala Harris is the Canadian Dream. Black female students of Westmount High in Montreal, where Kamala attended , feel so proud that a former student may become USA vice-president, and perhaps President..! Also the American Dream...!
She was so cute .. she has my vote..LOL

1602332113873.png

Not many women nor people of color voted for her in the primaries. Two white guys got most of the vote. Not everything is about skin color or what's dangling (or not dangling) between your legs. It's also entirely to possible to be pro-Harris and still think she did a poor job.

Comes to me as an eye opener that sex and skin color don't attract votes...?

Harris has to contend with those who are afraid of strong women.

There's a difference between being strong and just being privileged. Angele Merkel is a strong woman who came up on her own merit in the male-dominated environments of academia and politics. Kamala has had her current position handed to her by an old powerful white man after she failed to get there on her own. She was polling in single digits in her home state when she ended her campaign. Not to mention she and her husband are multimillionaires.

There's a difference between being strong and just being privileged. Angele Merkel is a strong woman who came up on her own merit in the male-dominated environments of academia and politics. Kamala has had her current position handed to her by an old powerful white man after she failed to get there on her own. She was polling in single digits in her home state when she ended her campaign. Not to mention she and her husband are multimillionaires.
Not to mention she jumpstarted her career by being the mistress of Willie Brown.

Note on Merkel's political success sponsored by her mentor Chancellor Helmut Kohl..!

"As one of Kohl's protégées and his youngest Cabinet Minister, she was frequently referred to by Kohl as "mein Mädchen" ("my girl").[52]

Last edited:
As I said, there are those intimidated by strong women, who will look for ways of denigrating them, and denying their capabilities.

Any woman has to work twice as hard, and achieve twice as much, as a man. Plus, if they are successful, it is ALWAYS because they slept their way up.

Give me a break.....!

How many of you commenting are women and think Pence was better? They are at least half the vote for the election! How many of you are of color? I think the US electorate Is more diverse and see the USA differently than a group of white guys!
What is it with people making everything about race? Getting a bit sick of it to be honest.. Every comment brings race in it yet these same people are trying to remove racism - they should look in the mirror and start to treat everyone the same and stop putting labels on each race or believing each race/gender all think the same.

Back