Vice Presidential Debate

As I said, there are those intimidated by strong women, who will look for ways of denigrating them, and denying their capabilities.

Any woman has to work twice as hard, and achieve twice as much, as a man. Plus, if they are successful, it is ALWAYS because they slept their way up.

Give me a break.....!
I know many women who are in positions just because they are... women - in many workplaces the best candidate does not get the job - instead its based on a societal pressure on who the media thinks is the most oppressed.

I know many women who are in positions just because they are... women - in many workplaces the best candidate does not get the job - instead its based on a societal pressure on who the media thinks is the most oppressed.
I agree that the best candidate (which does not always mean the most qualified) should get the job, and I think we should be focusing on ensuring people who have previously been under-represented should be in a position to become the "best candidate" and not on filling quotas.

That said, hasn't it always been societal pressure that determined who gets the best jobs? The surpression of women through the first half of the last century - and beyond that - meant even applying for high-ranking jobs was off limits. That seems a lot like societal pressure to me.

I know is a hard pill to swallow for many , but we have Trump for the next 4 years and considering what democraps have to offer....... well .... lol

Got to agree and I don't care a jot who wins
Why the Democrats have Biden as their main man completely baffles me. Trump deserves to win again because Biden is so weak a candidate

Got to agree and I don't care a jot who wins
Why the Democrats have Biden as their main man completely baffles me. Trump deserves to win again because Biden is so weak a candidate
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, aye what what! And that 'weak' candidate is currently kicking the <insert your own pejorative word> mental patient as president's ass all over the US map. But, to stay on thread, US polls have Kamala Harris beating the fly attracting Pence handily in the debate.

Last edited:
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, aye what what! And that 'weak' candidate is currently kicking the <insert your own pejorative word> mental patient as president's ass all over the US map. But, to stay on thread, US polls have Kamala Harris beating the fly attracting Pence handily in the debate.
did you forget that all the polls had hillary winning too in 2016?

Polls: Trump wasn't going to win the Republican nomination. Trump wasn't going to win the presidency. Brexit wasn't going to happen. It looks like they are asking the wrong people.

Still, how can one candidate being ordinary (which Biden is) mean that the other, who is outright awful, "desrves" to win the election? That doesn't make sense to me. This is not an election of "pick your poison" which 2016 was often sold as. Here, there is a clear difference between the candidates, despite one being disappointing.

Still, how can one candidate being ordinary (which Biden is) mean that the other, who is outright awful, "desrves" to win the election? That doesn't make sense to me. This is not an election of "pick your poison" which 2016 was often sold as. Here, there is a clear difference between the candidates, despite one being disappointing.

Makes you wonder why Biden was chosen in the first place. Was it favours returned?

Makes you wonder why Biden was chosen in the first place. Was it favours returned?

They did it to avoid Bernie Sanders becoming the candidate. He was running away with the primaries until phone calls were made to strong-arm every other candidate to drop out leaving Biden as the only "moderate" choice. This had the effect of people voting for him by default because their prefered candidates were gone. In all, he was doing poorly up to that point. Then there's also the very unfair (or even undemocratic) process by which the candidates are chosen by the Democratic Party, in which the party hierarchy choses the candidate via "super delegates" no matter what the popular vote is.

Bernie did not have any chance of getting elected. For once, the Dems acted smartly.

When the will of the majority of voters is overridden by the powerful few, that is sometime referred to as a tyranny. Maybe it goes back to a philisophical question of is fairness of process more/less important than desirability of outcome?

Bernie was up in the polls and delegate count before Super Tuesday, and was far outfundraising (with non-corporate money) every other candidate except Michael Bloomberg and Biden. So he definitely was electable. Not only that, he was leading among people of color, whom the DNC decided in two elections now, don't deserve a voice. We're left with a choice between a person who obvioulsy hates us and a man who just pretends to like us.

Back