Video Of Ba In The 1950's

I hate to disagree with you but……in my experience, if you are in a crosswalk and have the light the cars will always give the pedestrian the right of way. If the car can pass without slowing down the pedestrian he will do so. But I have never had a car honk and cut me off if the light is with me.

If you are crossing mid block, then the pedestrian has to look out for the cars and rightly so.

I once asked a policeman on our corner (Cerviño and Árabe Siria), where vehicles never stop, whether pedestrians have right-of-way, he said "Yes, but you would be foolish to insist." When I asked why he never ticketed any of the scofflaw motorists, he responded "That's not my job."

I'm constantly getting cut off by people turning right into crosswalks or corners where I'm trying to cross, especially if there are no lights. i.e., if I'm walking along a street and want to cross an intersection, I'd damn well look behind me and make sure nobody is coming, that I have eye contact, and know for certain they plan to let me walk, or I'm fairly sure I wouldn't be here to make this post.

I defy you to make eye contact. As a pedestrian in Buenos Aires, you are invisible.

Back