Violent protests in Chile: Will this spread to Argentina?

The reality of Chile until recently was not bad at or are some people on this forum are just happy that Chile is falling apart ?

For Argies Is/was VERY hard to swallow that Chile was the Model to follow and BETTER off than Argentina...!! (in most parameters as measured by
International Organizations)

A neighboring country that is better off economically, not following a peronismo model, is a hard pill for many in Argentina to swallow. That's why you have some just making up things like Chile has more poverty or a smaller middle class, when in reality that just isn't true.

I would still rather live in Buenos Aires 100 times over than Santiago.

1) That’s the point. If there is no inflation, then there are no excuses for continuous rise of the cost of living.
2) Lack of freedom. Now they are showing what they really are.
3) You cannot compare Chile with what Macri left. The low class was always better in Argentina. They have unions, free education and medical services. The middle class in Chile is narrow plus there is not upward social mobility. In Chile low class has once (a tea) instead of dinner.

You propose slogans, half truths or obsolete statements, some of your statements are True..Others are fiction.

Chile Has free Medical Public Services FONASA
Chile has Labor Unions
The Argentinian Middle Class WAS much larger than Chile in the Past.
Argentina has a higher upwards mobility
The Lower Sectors of the Population/Pobreza 40 % in Argentina Depend on comedores

You propose slogans, half truths or obsolete statements, some of your statements are True..Others are fiction.

Chile Has free Medical Public Services FONASA
Chile has Labor Unions
The Argentinian Middle Class WAS much larger than Chile in the Past.
Argentina has a higher upwards mobility
The Lower Sectors of the Population/Pobreza 40 % in Argentina Depend on comedores

I fully agree with you Richone . I believe in life one must speak with facts and common sense . Its a complete and utter myth that there was more poverty in Chile than Argentina for now over 20 years . Chile has by far much less poverty per capita than Argentina . There are much less villas miserias in Santiago than Buenos Aires per capita. Chilean people earn a much higher minimum wage than Argentina by over 40% in real terms . Yes its slightly more expensive than Argentina but not for everything . Food , electronics, clothing is cheaper in Chile and much better quality . Restaurants are dearer though as are rentals in Santiago .

I fully agree with you Richone . I believe in life one must speak with facts and common sense . Its a complete and utter myth that there was more poverty in Chile than Argentina for now over 20 years . Chile has by far much less poverty per capita than Argentina . There are much less villas miserias in Santiago than Buenos Aires per capita. Chilean people earn a much higher minimum wage than Argentina by over 40% in real terms . Yes its slightly more expensive than Argentina but not for everything . Food , electronics, clothing is cheaper in Chile and much better quality . Restaurants are dearer though as are rentals in Santiago .

Personally, I like Chile a lot more than Argentina, the people are more educated. Streets are mostly cleaner. People are more friendly.

Personally, I like Chile a lot more than Argentina, the people are more educated. Streets are mostly cleaner. People are more friendly.

I agree that that Chileans are more educated than Argentinians and are more genuinely interested in other people . If you visit as a tourist you are treated with great respect by most people and its very rare that one feel ripped off in a business transaction .

Katzbalger I like to hear your opinions on the Argentinian people versus the chilean people in regards to their culture, ethics, and mindset .

They are still crying over their failed attempt to steal land from Chile before the Falklands War and why Chile jumped at the chance to help the British.

I think it has more to do with Chile once being the very poor cousin which most Argentines would laugh at and shit on now the realization of them being so far ahead in every aspect that catching up to them is virtually impossible.

If you visit as a tourist you are treated with great respect by most people and its very rare that one feel ripped off in a business transaction .

Not sure if this is still in place, but last time I went to Santiago, most nightclubs had the policy that Brazilian citizens (with ID or passport) were exempt from waiting at the entry queue and the minimum drinks requirement.
They scored HUGE point with me on that alone. Viva Chile!!!!

I think it has more to do with Chile once being the very poor cousin which most Argentines would laugh at and shit on now the realization of them being so far ahead in every aspect that catching up to them is virtually impossible.

You hit it on the head..! It was a case of the Ugly Duckling turned into... a Swan? Chile was viewed as a Land of Chilotes mestizos that swallowed the "s"'

Back