Violent protests in Chile: Will this spread to Argentina?

I don't. I believe their perceptions of reality are very different.
Hundreds of millions of mainland Chinese still remember hunger and the chaos of the cultural revolution.
In their lifetime whey witnessed countless Chinese go from abject poverty to middle class.
Do they perceive the Communistic party as corrupt and authoritarian? You bet.
But they also see it as the force that brought them wealth and stability. So most of them are willing to accept the party's absolute rule, as long as economic prosperity remains assured.
The Hong Kong experience on the other hand is very different from that of the mainland Chinese.

The experiences are different but mainland Chinese are traveling now and learning about the rest of the world and dissent is growing. I don't think improved economic conditions alone will keep them quiet.

I want to add: Some Chinese have to know about human rights abuses recounted in reports like this: https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/...-escaped-here-s-what-goes-on-inside-1.7994216

Keep in mind that there are also 31 million Christians who have been abused. Despite Pope Francis's lamentable accommodation with the Chinese authorities, persecution gets worse. And the forced abortion policy has only been lifted because the population is aging and they need more workers. I don't think this system is sustainable.

Anyway lest we get off track, my point is that dissent over government incompetence, corruption and suppression of human rights is increasing around the world including Latin America and could accelerate in Argentina.

Yes, this will spread to Argentina. The crisis has not even started in Argentina. It is just at the tail-end of it's golden age. When the golden age fully comes to a close that is when things will get ugly.

What is happening in HK is not ironic - it's entirely understandable. I believe it's a microcosm of Communist China. People are not happy living under a totalitarian regime. It's just much harder for those on the mainland to protest without immediate severe suppression. I was in Argentina in 2001 and I remember the riots. People died. I still have a clipping from the paper with the photo of a young man dead on the street. If the economic crisis continues violence could easily follow.

The Chile crisis has come as a complete surprise. There is a state of emergency in Santiago . Will this be the fall of the right in Chile ?

Hearsay "3000 activists that started the uprise in Ecuador because of the increase in Gas prices. Entered Chile a few weeks ago" Piñera and the Chilean Intelligence were aware but discarded the information, believing it would never happen in Chile" (From Santiago reliable sources.)

The Chile crisis has come as a complete surprise. There is a state of emergency in Santiago . Will this be the fall of the right in Chile ?
Fall as in what ?

Call for new Elections​
Piñera's resignation​
Another Army Coup d'Etat a Pinochetazo​
Civil War​
A joke in Chile
Chile the only country to vanquish Communism​
Chile the only country to bring back Communism​

News update in Santiago, no Transbank operating hence no credit cards.lines at gas stations , cash only...

Today a conductor in TV channel LN "La Nación", blamed Piñera for celebrating his Grandson's Bday at a Very Expensive Resto in a Very Expensive Neighborhood , while Santiago Was on flames..? LOL.... Piñera is a billionaire where should he go? his home neighbourhood ?

Hearsay "3000 activists that started the uprise in Ecuador because of the increase in Gas prices. Entered Chile a few weeks ago" Piñera and the Chilean Intelligence were aware but discarded the information, believing it would never happen in Chile" (From Santiago reliable sources.)
I find that hard to believe. More likely the tried and true method of smearing the protestors with names such as "terrorists", or in days past. "communists". Paint them as "others" which is then used as an excuse for the government to use force as they like.

Back