"VIP vaccination scandal"

According to Feinmann from LN+, they even had mobile vaccine team they sent to the family Duhalde.

It is interesting because especially Chiche Duhalde was very critical in the past towards this government. So why would she receive a VIP jab? In another post I mentioned the idea of the "favor bank". Probably not too far off. But now that this scandal has come to light, I am not sure if she still has the courage to show up as a moral leader .....
The price of silence I guess. The Duhalde family had been making "destabilizing" remarks that affect Peronist unity throughout this administration.

In this country where rarely does anything ever happen in isolation, I suspect the impending stench of sh!t that will consume CABA over the coming days is nothing but a smoke screen to deflect attention away from this scandal which dominates private discussions and media coverage at the moment. Most private employees in this country are still subject to salary freezes, reductions, foregone bonuses and reduced non-remunerative coverage due to the pandemic - what makes Moyano's drivers so special to demand a bonus and warrant a surprise strike? Why just CABA? Oh wait... the vaccine favour and an opposition gaining popularity.

Meanwhile the president speaks at a press conference in Mexico and asks the judiciary to stop its investigation into the improper allocation of vaccines. What a champion of democracy.

In this country where rarely does anything ever happen in isolation, I suspect the impending stench of sh!t that will consume CABA over the coming days is nothing but a smoke screen to deflect attention away from this scandal which dominates private discussions and media coverage at the moment. Most private employees in this country are still subject to salary freezes, reductions, foregone bonuses and reduced non-remunerative coverage due to the pandemic - what makes Moyano's drivers so special to demand a bonus and warrant a surprise strike? Why just CABA? Oh wait... the vaccine favour and an opposition gaining popularity.

Meanwhile the president speaks at a press conference in Mexico and asks the judiciary to stop its investigation into the improper allocation of vaccines. What a champion of democracy.
A society in which the head of a mafia clan (such as Moyano) is not behind bars, worse: in which he is heralded as a "dirigente ejemplar" by the democratically elected president, almost all hope is lost.

At least six members of the La Rioja cabinet were vaccinated against Covid-19 under the category of "health personnel", as denounced today by the block of deputies of Juntos por La Rioja, an opponent of the Ricardo Quintela government . Opposition legislators indicated that, in total and according to what was raised by the health workers themselves involved in the operation, about 1000 people had been vaccinated irregularly...

...As a result of the vip vaccination scandal in Buenos Aires, the Riojan vaccinators themselves warned that they had inoculated 1000 people outside the health system. According to the opposition complaint, they did so out of fear of suffering the same consequences as the former Minister of Health, Ginés González García .

It goes to show how pathetic Marci and the PRO are that they lost to these clowns. A more formidable opposition needs to emerge.
Yes but let's not go blaming Macri now, that's a job for the Kirchneristas.

The Kirchneristas are busy constructing scapegoats while looking to set this up as some type of opposition plot to depose the government. Macri's term in office started with an empty central bank that was in deficit, I forget the exact numbers. I'm not here to defend Macri but it's a good opportunity to highlight the typical lie being perpetrated by the Perosnists, and that is, that you can change the course of the country in one single term. Macri was totally naive to believe he could revert all the Peronist corruption and malpractice in one term, right from the start Moyano organised a total country wide strike and shut down the country in compliance with Cristina and her mafia. You cannot change 75 years of Peronist rule in one term. Sure the Perosnist were not always in government but they ruled while out of it just like the present. Nothing moves without their aproval.

Last edited:

Interesting to see the US involve themselves in this scandal and highlight the risk to democracy, at the exact moment the Argentine President was betting on making some positive noise on foreign stage as a regional leader and progressive visionary on his state visit to Mexico.

This domestic affair damages Argentina’s credibility yet further on the world stage and eclipses any positive messages coming out of Mexico. If Argentina starts to be painted as a corrupt and destabilizing anti-democratic force in the region, things are going to go from bad to worse. Might even make it harder to get the vaccines it needs and wants to complete the vaccination program in good time.

I watched some of the press conference today. AMLO was squarely focused on presenting numbers and results (eg that Mexico has secured enough vaccines for its own population as well as Mexicans living in the USA from various providers, the Argentine-Mexican joint vaccine production project and importance of COVAX for the region).
When Alberto took to the stage, he referred to the dictatorship of 30 years ago, then Macri before going off on a tangent within his first 60 seconds of talking, referring to the vacunagate scandal and how it is all some witch hunt and that judicial processes need to stop. Obviously he had no comparable vaccine related results of his own to share.

Give me an AMLO any day over this clown and his circus - “progressive” does not need to mean “Peronist” or “oppressive” or “corrupt but just” as Alberto or some more extreme movements try to make out.

Back