Visa - Certificate of criminal records

opening this old thread again, because i have a similar question!!!!!!
I'm finally getting my paperwork together, i sent my police record check from canada with my mom, so she can get it legalized for me (i hadn't realized i had to do that, but the girl at migraccion gave me the list of all the things i needed to get done)
anywho, everything is almost legalized there and just about done and almost on its way to Argentina, so i can finally get my residency, but now i just read something about fingerprints!?!?!?! my antecente from canada is a police check without fingerprints...is that okay, or do i have to re-do everything now? the girl at migraccion never mentioned it to me, so I'm wondering if canadians need this???? ahh so frustrating!

From my understanding, as long as you have the document from the correct agency, it shouldn't matter. I'm not sure which one that would be in Canada or their methods. Basically you just need the right piece of paper (apostilled) that says you are not a criminal.

I believe it has to be a national check - not just province.
This seems to be the Canadian equivalent of the FBI check, but not sure if others are accepted.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

This page may help. It's about teaching in Asia, but whatever. :p
How to Get a Criminal Record Check in Canada

If you are from Canada, you need to get a background check that clearly states the result was checked through the RCMP database. One kind, done through fingerprinting, takes several months to process. The other kind, done through a check on your name and date of birth, takes 1 day to a couple of weeks depending on where you are.
Both are accepted, so get the one done by name and date of birth to save time. You should contact your local police office for more information. Remember to make sure the background check clearly states that it was done at the federal level and/or is based on a check through the RCMP database.
See our apostille page for information on how to get consular authentication in Canada

http://www.teachenglishinasia.net/teach-english-korea/how-to-get-a-criminal-background-check-12598.html

So it seems like perhaps the non-fingerprint version may be fine... unless Argentina is especially picky.

great, thanks so much! i hope i dont need it!!!!!! :lol:

I LOVE Gabriel Celano. He is my imigracion attorney plus I recommend him in the Four Flags Journal (but I also tell people about Bajo_Cero2). Gabriel's been great although he had nothing to do with a visa for me, but for citizenship which is, of course, more complicated and costs more.

Back