visa expiration problems, can anyone help!?

Rosef

Registered
Hi, I don't know if anyone can help at all. I am currently on the 90 day tourist visa and I was miscalculated when it ran out. I thought it ran out next weekend so I could go to Uruguay then but it actually runs out this Wednesday. What are my options? Can i go to the migrations office tomorrow(Monday)and renew it there before Wednesday and how much will this cost me and do I need any additional paper work. I think I read that if you haven't done this ten days before it runs out that you have to pay double? Or do I take the risk of paying the fine off 300 pesos when I next go to Uruguay with my friends in a couple of weekends time. I could go to Uruguay tomorrow and be within my Visa, however I don't really want to go on my own!?If i go to Uruguay in a few weekends time and pay the fine, will I still be allowed back in to Argentina as I am staying here until June and will the fine only be 300 pesos, it wont mount up for every day its expired by? If anyone could give me some advice I would be so grateful as I am slightly panicking!

Rosex

Thank you, thats really helpful. The only bit I am confused about is if I go to the Migrations office, would I need proof of leaving the country or could I literally just go with passport and I.D and just say I am travelling around the country?Thank you for your help.x

I just found this link on the migrations website but I am slightly confused as to what it means, i understand that it means because I have not requested a renewal within 10 days before the expiration (it runs out on Wednesday), that I will have to pay a charge of 50%...could anyone please confirm if this is correct as if it is I will either have to go to Uruguay tomorrow or just pay the fine when I next leave the country?

This is the link, thank you

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?categorias

xx

Ok, thank you, yeah paying the fine seems to be the most appealing option.xx

My legal advice as an attorney is that you just overstay and pay the fine when you leave. Overstaying doesn t make you an illegal in this country.
Regards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomfromCO&MI Expat Life 5
J Expat Life 12
J Expat Life 8
H Expat Life 5
R Expat Life 1
Back