Visa Run = Fake Tourist = Permatourist Deported At Ezeiza

I have loads of Argentine and Chilean passport stamps, and no immigration official has ever questioned my presence in either country. I normally spend a little less than half the year between the two. I do have a Chilean tax ID, because I own a car there, and an Argentine marriage certificate (which always stays home in California). My wife always enters on her US passport, which she finds easier than with Argentine documentation, and she doesn't have to pay the retaliation fee).

I have loads of Argentine and Chilean passport stamps, and no immigration official has ever questioned my presence in either country. I normally spend a little less than half the year between the two. I do have a Chilean tax ID, because I own a car there, and an Argentine marriage certificate (which always stays home in California). My wife always enters on her US passport, which she finds easier than with Argentine documentation, and she doesn't have to pay the retaliation fee).
I also have a lot of stamps from Argentina and Brazil, and so far they haven't given me any grief, I never do 1/2 day visa runs though - when I leave it is for months at a time to other parts of the world. If Bajo is correct I am not breaking any law because I am always in the country less than 180 days in the year.

Can anyone tell me about the DNI? I've done some searches for information, so far I can see that it requires much less documentation to get one vs a retirement visa.
It seems to say that they last for 15 years, is that true?
What are my obligations during this time?
What are the negative aspects of a DNI?

Thanks

The DNI is just an identification card showing your name, dob, and "identity number" that is issued to all temporary and permanent residents and citizens of Argentina.

You would have to qualify for a retirement visa first and then you would automatically be issued a DNI.

According to Cristina, it's makes far more sense to allow drug traffickers, criminals & poor illiterate peasants into the country through our unmanned northern borders than to let in healthy, well educated cousins from Europe/US who are also a source of potential foreign investment. Yes, the BOTOX HAG's logic & genius can be jaw droppingly astounding to say the least. If they are law abiding & educated then bombard them with paperwork & endless tramites... if they don't have papers, let them pass through without any inconveniences.

My wife always enters on her US passport, which she finds easier than with Argentine documentation, and she doesn't have to pay the retaliation fee).

Why is she exempt from the fee?

Does her Argentine passport show her place of birth as Argentina?

Does she also have an Argentine passport or just a DNI?

Have many, many entry/exit stamps: am a commuter. Do not and have not exceeded the 180 day limit for a calendar year or physical year. Maintain a running total of days spent in Argentina for a calendar and physical year. Number of stamps have raised an eyebrow or two sometimes, as I would expect, but not encountered a problem. Think immigration at EZE maintains my entry and exit dates in their computer system and knows the number of days I am in Argentina.

Also, not sure about the wisdom in letting the 90 day tourist visa expire and pay the fine when exiting. Some of this stuff may come back to bight. Know when I applied for Global Entry in the USA was asked questions about exceeding stays in foreign countries, refused entry anytime..dah dah.. Lots of questions. Unknown to me if theses questions would be a deal breakers if answered yes. Not playing by the numbers could prove to be a problem sometime in the future: Visa Application somewhere. My two cents.

According to Cristina, it's makes far more sense to allow drug traffickers, criminals & poor illiterate peasants into the country through our unmanned northern borders than to let in healthy, well educated cousins from Europe/US who are also a source of potential foreign investment. Yes, the BOTOX HAG's logic & genius can be jaw droppingly astounding to say the least. If they are law abiding & educated then bombard them with paperwork & endless tramites... if they don't have papers, let them pass through without any inconveniences.

Not sure what you mean exactly? Are you implying that immigrants from Latin American countries are illiterate, drug dealers and poor? I think you would be amazed to learn how many immigrants from other countries, including EU, and the US are involved in crime and drugs here. Your reasoning is racist.

Bajo Cero - Can you tell use more of the circumstances surrounding the deportation of your client? I imagine as long as you don't reveal his identity, revealing details about the circumstances around the incident is not violating any attorney-client privilege agreements.

Cheers

Not sure what you mean exactly? Are you implying that immigrants from Latin American countries are illiterate, drug dealers and poor? I think you would be amazed to learn how many immigrants from other countries, including EU, and the US are involved in crime and drugs here. Your reasoning is racist.
Well then, a dark skinned racist I must be ;-) Hola Nikad, con todo respeto yo entiendo a donde vas con tu comentario pero por favor no me pintes con esa 'tinta' del racismo. Una cosa es ser racista , otra es quejarse de la migración descontrolada.

Back